Global Markets for Treatment and Diagnosis of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
The global market for sexually transmitted disease diagnostics should grow from $7.6 billion in 2020 to $10.6 billion by 2025 at compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.0% for the period of 2020-2025.
- 33 data tables and 42 additional tables
- An overview of the global markets for treatment and diagnosis of sexually transmitted diseases
- Analyses of the global market trends, with corresponding market analysis data for 2019, estimates for 2020, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2025
- Evaluation of the impact of demographic, economic and other factors that will drive future demand for diagnostic and therapeutic interventions affecting sexually transmitted diseases market
- Estimation of market size and forecast the potential market for sexually transmitted disease therapeutics, along with global market share analysis on the basis of disease area and treatments, drug type, and geographical region
- Identification of unmet needs in sexually transmitted diseases therapeutics, promising new drugs and therapies still in the development and testing stage that will be commercialized successfully in the next five years
- Assessment of the long-term outlook for sexually transmitted diseases therapeutics, considering market opportunities as well as technological, financial and economic factors
- Insight into the factors driving and restraining the growth of the global market for treatment and diagnosis of sexually transmitted diseases, along with a regional market overviews for North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America and the Middle East
- Company profiles of the leading drug manufacturers and suppliers, market including Abbott Laboratories, AbbVie Inc., Novartis AG, Pfizer Inc., and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
This report organizes information from diverse sources into a comprehensive report that includes sections on disease overviews, industry structure, diagnostic kits, treatment interventions, pharmaceutical products, emerging technologies, regulations, reimbursement, and patents. The scope of this report includes an overview of the global market scenario for diagnosis and treatments of sexually transmitted disease with base year data of 2019 and forecast for 2020-2025 using projections of CAGR. Market data in value terms is provided at global, regional and country levels for disease areas and treatment by drug class. Market data for sexually transmitted disease diagnostics is provided for regional levels, with details on test types.
The report focuses on key sectional assessments for major disease areas such as chlamydia, genital herpes, HIV, and hepatitis, among others, and provides detailed analysis of epidemiology, historic and current disease incidence trends, therapeutic interventions, and diagnostic overview. It forecasts the global market by drug class for treatment of STDs and discusses market data for antibiotics, antivirals/antiretrovirals and other treatments. Diagnostic test types such as enzyme immunoassays (EIA) and ELISA, PCR, rapid diagnostics, and others, are detailed with market data current and forecasts.
Market dynamics such as drivers, restraints and trends are discussed in the report. This report also involves regional market overviews for North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East. The regional overviews provide information on the epidemiology of sexually transmitted disease by country and region and also details market data for each region. The regulatory scenario is discussed for United States, Europe, Japan, and China to provide an overview of the regulations for new drug launches and diagnostic kits. The reimbursement scenario is outlined for the United States, Europe and Japan to provide an overview to our readers.
BCC Publishing Staff comprises expert analysts who are skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in fields such as microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery, among others.
The global market for sexually transmitted disease therapeutics reached $52.0 billion in 2018 and should reach nearly $63.0 billion by 2023, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.9% for the period of 2018-2023.
- 45 data tables and 53 additional tables
- An overview of the global market for diagnosis and treatments of sexually transmitted diseases
- Country specific data and analysis for United States, Canada, Mexico, France, Germany, U.K., Spain, China, India, Japan, and Middle East and Africa
- Coverage of major disease areas, and a detailed analysis of historic and current disease incidence trends
- Discussion about market dynamics such as drivers, restraints, and trends
- Information on the regulations for new drug launches and diagnostic kits for United States, Europe, Japan and China
- Detailed profiles of the major market players, including Abbott Laboratories, AbbVie Inc., Agilent Technologies, Inc., Biomerieux, Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Novartis Ag, Pfizer Inc., Promega Corp., and Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
The global market for treatment and diagnosis of sexually transmitted diseases was valued at $28.2 billion in 2011 and $33.2 billion in 2012. Total market value is expected to reach nearly $52 billion in 2017 after increasing at a five-year compound annual growth rate of 9.3%.
- An overview of the markets for the diagnoses of and treatments for sexually transmitted diseases, including bacterial vaginosis, candidiasis, chancroid, chlamydia, genital herpes, genital warts, gonorrhea, hepatitis B, HIV/AIDS, pediculosis pubis, syphilis, and trichomoniasis.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2011 and 2012, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2017.
- Identifications of common STDs, citing risk factors, incidence, and mortality for each.
- Discussion of products on the market.
- A list of current and potential competitors in the market and their market shares.
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players in the industry.
- Sexually transmitted diseases are the most common infectious diseases in the U.S. More than 20 STDs have been identified, affecting more than 13 million men and women each year. The annual comprehensive cost of STDs in the U.S. is estimated to be well in excess of $10 to $18 billion.
- The total current U.S. market for new therapeutics and diagnostics for sexually transmitted diseases in 2000 reached $6.5 billion at the manufacturers' level. The growing numbers of sexually active teenagers and young adults of baby boomers has driven growth in this market. By 2005, it is anticipated that revenues will likely reach $9.4 billion, growing at an average annual growth rate of 7.8%. The total market for therapeutics and diagnostics for sexually transmitted diseases was dominated by the HIV/AIDS in 2000 with 37.1%.
- The products used in diagnosis and treatments of STDs are of extreme importance. Some STDs are declining in occurrence, while a number of fatal and highly uncomfortable diseases are proliferating. In the early to mid 1990s demographics helped cause decreasing incidence of some of these diseases. But the latter part of the century, when the children of baby boomers became sexually active has influenced the pendulum in the other direction.