Free-Space Optical Communications Technology: Global Markets
The global free–space optical communications market was valued at $41.9 million in 2013 and $59.2 million in 2014. This market is expected to reach $501.1 million in 2019, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 53.3% from 2014 through 2019.
- An overview of the global market for free-space optical communications technology, defined as technology that uses light in free space (air, outer space, or vacuum) as a medium to transfer data wirelessly for computer networking or telecommunications.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2013 and 2014, and projections of CAGRs through 2019.
- Analyses and breakdowns of the market by application, by type, by components, by end use, and by geography.
- Information on current and future trends in the industry as well as information on various competitive technologies.
SCOPE OF REPORT
The free–space optical communications market is segmented into categories as follows:
- By type: short range, medium range and long range.
- By application: data transmission, security, last mile access, storage area network, disaster recovery, healthcare facilities and others.
- By end use: defense and civil.
- By component: transmitter, receiver, modulator, demodulator, decoders/encoders and others.
- By region: North America is segmented into U.S., Canada, and Mexico; Europe is segmented into France, Italy, Germany, U.K., Russia, and rest of Commonwealth Independent States (CIS); Asia–Pacific (APAC) is segmented into China, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, and others; and ROW covers Middle East, Africa, and South America.
In addition to industry and competitive analysis of the free–space optical communications market, this report also includes a patent analysis and a listing of company profiles for key players in the free–space optical communications market.
Research Analyst Sinha G. Gaurav holds an MBA in finance from ICFAI Business School, Hyderabad (India), and a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from Rajasthan University (India). His primary focus is in the electronics and semiconductor markets. He has nine years of experience in the field of market research in electronics, finance and database designing. His areas of interest include semiconductors, automation, industrial controls, robotics and nanotechnology. His publications focus on subjects such as quantum dots, photonic sensors and detectors, LIDAR, ultrafast lasers, home automation, helmet-mounted displays (HMDs), factory automation and radio frequency (RF) components, among others.
- Semiconductor Chip Testing Tools Market (SMC122A)
- Etch Process: Materials, Chemicals and Advances (SMC118A)
- Inorganic Polymers: Technologies, Applications and Opportunities (CHM120A)
- Global Market for Mixed-signal System-on-Chip Applications with a Focus on Node Geometries (SMC119A)
- Voxel-Pixel Integration: Lidar, Autonomous Vehicle, 3D Printing and Surveillance Applications (IFT109A)