Optical Data Storage Devices: Technologies and Global Markets
The total global market for optical storage devices (OSD) totaled $950 million in 2013 and about $1.0 billion in 2014. This market is expected to reach $1.7 billion by 2019, registering a compound annual growth (CAGR) of 9.5% over the next five years.
- An overview of the global markets for optical data storage devices and related technologies.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2013, estimates for 2014, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2019.
- Analysis of the market broken down by application, technology, end use, materials, and by wavelength.
- Evaluation of the market's dynamics with respect to its drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- Relevant patent analysis.
- Comprehensive profiles of leading players in the field and their key developments and strategies.
SCOPE OF REPORT
The optical data storage device market is segmented into the following categories:–
- Applications: Manufacturing, public administration and education, health care, BFSI, entertainment and others.
- By product type: CD, DVD, BD, HD–DVD, erasable and rewritable optical discs, near–field optical devices, and holographic storage (X–ray).
- Colors: Satellite imaging, medical records, security systems, tracking and tracing, gaming and other software, and personal use.
- Geography: North America is segmented into U.S., Canada and Mexico; Europe is segmented into France, Italy, Germany, U.K., Russia, and CIS; Asia Pacific is segmented into China, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea and others, while, RoW covers the Middle East and South America.
- Industry and competitive analysis.
- Patent analysis.
- Company profiles.
Research Analyst Sinha G. Gaurav holds an MBA in finance from ICFAI Business School, Hyderabad (India), and a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from Rajasthan University (India). His primary focus is in the electronics and semiconductor markets. He has nine years of experience in the field of market research in electronics, finance and database designing. His areas of interest include semiconductors, automation, industrial controls, robotics and nanotechnology. His publications focus on subjects such as quantum dots, photonic sensors and detectors, LIDAR, ultrafast lasers, home automation, helmet-mounted displays (HMDs), factory automation and radio frequency (RF) components, among others.
- Semiconductor Chip Testing Tools Market (SMC122A)
- Etch Process: Materials, Chemicals and Advances (SMC118A)
- Inorganic Polymers: Technologies, Applications and Opportunities (CHM120A)
- Global Market for Mixed-signal System-on-Chip Applications with a Focus on Node Geometries (SMC119A)
- Voxel-Pixel Integration: Lidar, Autonomous Vehicle, 3D Printing and Surveillance Applications (IFT109A)