Optical Data Storage Devices: Technologies and Global Markets
The total global market for optical storage devices (OSD) totaled $950 million in 2013 and about $1.0 billion in 2014. This market is expected to reach $1.7 billion by 2019, registering a compound annual growth (CAGR) of 9.5% over the next five years.
- An overview of the global markets for optical data storage devices and related technologies.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2013, estimates for 2014, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2019.
- Analysis of the market broken down by application, technology, end use, materials, and by wavelength.
- Evaluation of the market's dynamics with respect to its drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- Relevant patent analysis.
- Comprehensive profiles of leading players in the field and their key developments and strategies.
SCOPE OF REPORT
The optical data storage device market is segmented into the following categories:–
- Applications: Manufacturing, public administration and education, health care, BFSI, entertainment and others.
- By product type: CD, DVD, BD, HD–DVD, erasable and rewritable optical discs, near–field optical devices, and holographic storage (X–ray).
- Colors: Satellite imaging, medical records, security systems, tracking and tracing, gaming and other software, and personal use.
- Geography: North America is segmented into U.S., Canada and Mexico; Europe is segmented into France, Italy, Germany, U.K., Russia, and CIS; Asia Pacific is segmented into China, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea and others, while, RoW covers the Middle East and South America.
- Industry and competitive analysis.
- Patent analysis.
- Company profiles.
Sinha G. Gaurav focuses on electronics and semiconductors markets, robotics and nanotechnology. His publications range from factory automation and big data to industrial controls and helmet-mounted displays. He holds a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from Rajasthan University and an MBA degree in finance from ICFAI Business School.
- Semiconductor Devices for High Temperature Applications: Market Opportunities (SMC114A)
- Wood Coatings: Technologies and Application Markets (AVM182A)
- Hyperspectral Imaging: Technologies and Global Markets to 2023 (IAS135A)
- Bioremediation: Global Markets and Technologies to 2023 (ENV044A)
- Methane Hydrates: Applications and Global Markets Through 2023 (CHM091A)