Photonic Integrated Circuits: Technologies and Global Markets
The global photonic integrated circuit (IC) technology market reached $165.3 million in 2012. This market is expected to grow to $206.5 million in 2013 and $866.4 million in 2018 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 33.2% over the five-year period, 2013 to 2018.
- An overview of the global market for photonic integrated circuit (IC) technology.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018.
- In-depth breakdown and analysis of the photonic integrated circuit market by application, by components, and by materials.
- Definition of the market by supply chain, value chain, and future outlook and expectations.
- Comprehensive profiles of leading companies in the industry.
SCOPE OF REPORT
The photonic IC technology market is segmented into following categories:
- Integration: monolithic integration, hybrid integration and module integration.
- Applications: optical communications, optical signal processing, sensing and biophotonics.
- Components: modulators, lasers, detectors, multiplexers/de–multiplexers, attenuator and optical amplifiers.
- Materials: indium phosphide (InP), gallium arsenide (GaAs), lithium niobate (LiNbO3), silicon (Si), silica–on–silicon and others.
- Geography: North America is segmented into U.S., Canada and Mexico; Europe is segmented into France, Italy, Germany, U.K., Russia, and CIS; APAC is segmented into China, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea and others, while RoW covers the Middle East and South America.
- Industry and competitive analysis.
- Patent analysis.
- Company profiles.
Sinha G. Gaurav focuses on electronics and semiconductors markets, robotics and nanotechnology. His publications range from factory automation and big data to industrial controls and helmet-mounted displays. He holds a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from Rajasthan University and an MBA degree in finance from ICFAI Business School.