Nanotechnology for Photonics: Global Markets
The global market for nanophotonic devices is projected to grow from more than $1.8 billion in 2010 and nearly $2.5 billion in 2011 to $10.9 billion in 2016, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 34.8% between 2011 and 2016.
SCOPE AND FORMAT
The study addresses the global market for nanophotonics devices. Nanophotonic devices are defined as devices that interact with light at the nanoscale level. (“Nanoscale” is defined as having at least one dimension measuring less than 100 nanometers, or billionths of a meter.)
As defined above, nanophotonics are closely related to nano-optoelectronics. Many photonic devices, such as diodes, are also commonly classified as optoelectronic devices. This study does not exclude any application that meets the basic definition of a photonic device, even if it is also classifiable as an optoelectronic device.
Major types of nanoscale devices covered in this report include optical fiber, channel add/drop filters, optical switches and gates, light-emitting diodes, optical amplifiers, solar cells and holographic memory. The report format includes the following major elements:
- Executive summary
- Milestones in the development of nanophotonics
- Current and potential nanophotonics applications
- Applications and end-users with the greatest commercial potential through 2016
- Global nanophotonics market trends, 2010-2016
- Factors that will influence the long-term development of nanophotonics
- Market shares and industry structure
Andrew McWilliams spent more than 25 years as a consultant with Ernst & Young, McKinsey & Company and A.T. Kearny focused on manufacturing before segueing into research analysis. He has been covering myriad technology categories for BCC Research for more than 15 years. McWilliams has a BA from Princeton University and an MA from Harvard University. He has worked in more than 40 countries and he resides in the greater Boston area.
- Terahertz Radiation Systems: Technologies and Global Markets (IAS029F)
- Global Hydrogen Economy: Merchant Hydrogen and Hydrogen Purification Technologies (EGY055E)
- Composite Fabrication Technologies: Global Markets to 2023 (MFG054A)
- Global Markets and Technologies for Food Safety Testing (FOD011K)
- Advanced Ceramics and Nanoceramic Powders (NAN015J)