The Fiber Optics Market: Glass, Plastic, and Alternatives
The global fiber optics market should reach $5.0 billion by 2022 from $3.2 billion in 2017 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.4%, from 2017 to 2022.
- 52 data tables
- An overview of the global fiber optics market
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2016, estimates for 2017, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2022
- Segmentation of the fiber optics market into four major categories based on raw materials, type, application, and region
- Insight into the market through investigation of market sizes, revenue forecasts, value chains, supply chain, market and product trends, and the competitive landscape
- Coverage of technical characteristics of fiber optics, including LED sources, couplers, optical connectors, and splicing
- Evaluation of the market's dynamics with respect to its drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- Company profiles of major players in the industry, including Molex, Asahi Glass, General Cable Corp., Furukawa Electric Co. Ltd., Leoni AG, and Finisar Corp.
The fiber optics market is segmented into following categories:
- Type—Glass optical fiber and plastic optical fiber.
- Applications—Telecom; manufacturing; surveillance and security; healthcare; banking, financial services and insurance (BFSI); and others.
- Specification—Processing type, array type and spectrum.
- Geography—North America is segmented into U.S., Canada and Mexico; Europe is segmented into France, Italy, Germany, the U.K., Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS); Asia-Pacific is segmented into China, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea and others; while, the Rest of the World (RoW) covers the Middle East, Africa and South America.
- Industry and competitive analysis.
- Patent analysis.
- Company profiles.
Sinha G. Gaurav, research analyst, holds an MBA in finance from ICFAI Business School, Hyderabad (India), and a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from Rajasthan University (India). He has worked in almost all domains across the market research industry. He has 11 years of experience in the fields of market research and investment banking. His primary focus is in healthcare, chemicals, electronics, finance and database designing. His publications include subjects such as quantum dots, IT in healthcare, alternative data, ultrafast lasers, inorganic polymers, waste management, factory automation and Voxel, among others.