The Fiber Optics Market: Glass, Plastic, and Alternatives
The global fiber optics market should reach $5.0 billion by 2022 from $3.2 billion in 2017 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.4%, from 2017 to 2022.
- 52 data tables
- An overview of the global fiber optics market
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2016, estimates for 2017, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2022
- Segmentation of the fiber optics market into four major categories based on raw materials, type, application, and region
- Insight into the market through investigation of market sizes, revenue forecasts, value chains, supply chain, market and product trends, and the competitive landscape
- Coverage of technical characteristics of fiber optics, including LED sources, couplers, optical connectors, and splicing
- Evaluation of the market's dynamics with respect to its drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- Company profiles of major players in the industry, including Molex, Asahi Glass, General Cable Corp., Furukawa Electric Co. Ltd., Leoni AG, and Finisar Corp.
The fiber optics market is segmented into following categories:
- Type—Glass optical fiber and plastic optical fiber.
- Applications—Telecom; manufacturing; surveillance and security; healthcare; banking, financial services and insurance (BFSI); and others.
- Specification—Processing type, array type and spectrum.
- Geography—North America is segmented into U.S., Canada and Mexico; Europe is segmented into France, Italy, Germany, the U.K., Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS); Asia-Pacific is segmented into China, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea and others; while, the Rest of the World (RoW) covers the Middle East, Africa and South America.
- Industry and competitive analysis.
- Patent analysis.
- Company profiles.
Sinha G. Gaurav focuses on electronics and semiconductors markets, robotics and nanotechnology. His publications range from factory automation and big data to industrial controls and helmet-mounted displays. He holds a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from Rajasthan University and an MBA degree in finance from ICFAI Business School.