High-Performance Films: Asia-Pacific Markets
The Asia-Pacific market for high-performance films should grow from $20.6 billion in 2018 to $29.1 billion by 2023 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.1% for the period of 2018-2023.
- 26 tables
- An overview of the Asia-Pacific market for high-performance films within the plastics industry
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2017 to 2018 and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Country specific data and analysis for China, India, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and other prominent economies within the APAC region
- Identification of trends affecting high-performance polymer films and their major end-use application markets
- Characterization and quantification of the market potential for high-performance films by material type, resin type, end use, application industry etc.
- Discussion of the ethical and regulatory issues, as well as patent analysis, publication analysis and research funding in this area
- Company profiles of the major players of the industry, including 3M, Reliance Industries Ltd., Saint-Gobain, Honeywell International, Inc. and Solvay SA
High-performance films are thin-gauge, mostly extruded or solution cast polymer sheets that are more expensive than traditional and conventional plastic films for using them in different end-use industries. These films are used primarily for their performance characteristics, but not their price with emphasis on the markets and products with the greatest potential for growth of these plastic films.
High-performance films are generally fabricated (or converted) in relatively small volumes (compared to commodity films). Much of their value is created after the film is extruded. The main focus of the report is on high-performance resins and their chemistries, including the following:
- Polyesters, primarily polyethylene terephthalate (PET). In this report, PET is interchangeable with “polyester.”
- Polyolefin-based specialty film resins.
- Polyamides (nylons).
- Polycarbonates (PCs).
- Bioplastics, a newer group of plastics.
- Acrylic films based on PMMA chemistry.
- Polyimides (PIs).
- Cyclic olefin copolymers (COCs).
- Polyethylene naphthalate (PEN).
- Liquid crystal polymers (LCPs).
This report does not review basic polyolefins, such as polyethylene (PE) and polypropylene (PP), because they are true commodities used in commodity films applications such as grocery and garbage bags. This report also excludes other commodity resins like polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and polystyrene. However, specialty polyolefin-based films are included. Specialty films include ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA), ethylene vinyl alcohol (EVOH), ionomers, polyvinylidene chloride (PVDC), polyvinyl alcohol (PVOH) and polymethyl pentene (PMP).
This report discusses fluoropolymer films, which includes the following:
- Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE).
- Polyvinyl fluoride (PVF).
- Fluorinated ethylene propylene (FEP).
- Polychlorotrifluoroethylene (PCTFE).
- Polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF).
- Perfluoroalkoxy (PFA).
- Ethylene tetrafluoroethylene (ETFE).
- Ethylene chlorotrifluoroethylene (ECTFE).
This report studies the high-performance films market in Asia-Pacific with analysis of market trends supported with market data (both value and volume) from 2017 considered as the base year; 2018 and 2023 as the estimate years with projections of CAGR from 2018 to 2023. Estimated values used are based on manufacturers’ total revenues. Projected and forecasted revenue values are in constant US dollars, unadjusted for inflation.
The report discusses technological and economic trends that affect the high-performance films market in Asia-Pacific. It also explains the major drivers, restraints and regional dynamics of the high-performance films market, current trends within the industry and presents growth forecasts for the period 2018-2023. The market is segmented and forecasted for major countries in the region.
The report also discusses application segments such as packaging, electrical and electronics, automotive, photovoltaic and other applications such as release films and tapes, photographic and reprographic, hot stamping films, building and construction, signs and displays, optical, office products, business machines, aircraft and aerospace, industrial membranes, liquid crystal displays and textile and clothing.
The report concludes with a special focus on the vendor landscape and includes profiles of the major manufacturers operating in the Asia-Pacific region high-performance films market.
BCC Research Staff comprises expert analysts who are skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in fields such as microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery, among others.