The Chinese Market for Medical Polymers
The Chinese market for medical polymers was valued at nearly $1.7 billion in 2011 and $1.9 billion in 2012. The market is expected to reach $4 billion in 2017 after increasing at a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 16.1%.
- An overview of the Chinese market for medical polymer materials, which are resins, fibers, elastomers, and other polymers.
- Analyses of market trends, with data from 2011 and 2012, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2017.
- Coverage of three parts of the Chinese medical polymer industry: medical resins and fibers, medical elastomers, and biodegradable medical polymer materials.
- Discussion of applications for medical polymers, including the cardiovascular system, oncology, tissue engineering, medicine, medical packing, ophthalmology, medical adhesive and sutures, and medical equipment.
- Reviews of trends in price and price/performance.
- Comprehensive profiles of major companies operating in China and a breakdown of market shares.
SCOPE OF REPORT
The report forecasts the size of the Chinese market in current U.S. dollars for medical polymers in value terms and/or volume terms for each material from 2012 through 2017. The report forecasts the Chinese market size for medical polymers such as PE, PP, PS, PVC, and PU. The forecasts are classified on the basis of product type, application, and geographical region.
The report also describes the important players in the Chinese medical polymer industry. They include homegrown companies, foreign companies, and joint ventures.
Jason Chen has been an analyst and consultant for the polymer, composite, fiber, textile and energy industries for 15 years. He works as a researcher, writer and/or editor for the American Composites Manufacturers Association (ACMA), China Textile Academy (CTA), China Chemical Fiber Association (CCFA), International Fiber Journal, Filtration News, Platts Emission Daily, Vision Systems Design, Pesticide and Toxic Chemical News and MobileTex. Currently he is the chief scientist of a company endeavoring to reduce China's air and water pollution. He has a degree in Civil Engineering, Chemicals and Advanced Materials from Shantou University.
- Green Solvents: Technologies, Emerging Opportunities and Markets (CHM087A)
- Global Markets and Technologies for Bioplastics (PLS050E)
- Plastics Recycling: Global Markets Through 2023 (PLS031B)
- Chlorinated Polyvinyl Chloride: Global Markets to 2023 (CHM083A)
- Tire Reinforcement Materials: Global Markets to 2023 (AVM077D)