Global Markets for Non-Polyolefin Commodity Resins
The global market for non-polyolefin commodity resins was valued at $104.85 billion in 2010 and reached $109.58 billion in 2011. Total market value is expected to reach $135.96 billion in 2016 after increasing at a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.4%.
- An overview of the global market for non-polyolefin commodity resins in value terms for each material and/or volume terms.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2010 and 2011, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2016.
- Discussion of the major types of non-polyolefin commodity resins and their future demand.
- Examination of the main technologies of non-polyolefin commodity resins manufacturing.
- Evaluations of the competitive aspects of each product segment, along with several successful suppliers’ strategies in the market.
- Identification of the impact of governmental regulations and international agreements.
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players in the industry.
The report forecasts the size of the market in current U.S. dollars for non-polyolefin commodity resins in value terms for each material and/or in volume terms from 2011 through 2016.
In this report, non-polyolefin commodity resins include PVC (polyvinyl chloride), PS (polystyrene), ABS (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene), PMMA (poly-methyl methacrylate), EVA (ethylene vinyl acetate copolymer), PF (phenol-formaldehyde), and UF (urea-formaldehyde). The sector of ABS could cover the technologies and production of SAN (styrene acrylonitrile), also known as AS (acrylonitrile styrene). Forecasts are classified on the basis of product type, technology type, application and geographical region.
The report also describes the raw materials supplies and important players in the non-polyolefin commodity resin industry.
Jason Chen has been an analyst and consultant for the polymer, composite, fiber, textile and energy industries for 15 years. He works as a researcher, writer and/or editor for the American Composites Manufacturers Association (ACMA), China Textile Academy (CTA), China Chemical Fiber Association (CCFA), International Fiber Journal, Filtration News, Platts Emission Daily, Vision Systems Design, Pesticide and Toxic Chemical News and MobileTex. Currently he is the chief scientist of a company endeavoring to reduce China's air and water pollution. He has a degree in Civil Engineering, Chemicals and Advanced Materials from Shantou University.
- Green Solvents: Technologies, Emerging Opportunities and Markets (CHM087A)
- Global Markets and Technologies for Bioplastics (PLS050E)
- Plastics Recycling: Global Markets Through 2023 (PLS031B)
- Chlorinated Polyvinyl Chloride: Global Markets to 2023 (CHM083A)
- Tire Reinforcement Materials: Global Markets to 2023 (AVM077D)