Rigid Transparent Plastics: Global Markets Outside North America
The global rigid transparent plastic market reached $18 billion in 2012. This market is expected to grow to $19.1 billion in 2013 and nearly $25.2 billion in 2018, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.7% for the five-year period, 2013 to 2018.
- Market estimates and forecasts for global markets and all major market segments outside North America through 2018.
- Analyses of market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of CAGRs for the period 2013 and 2018.
- Discussion concerning manufacturers, technologies, and factors influencing demand.
- Applications covered include building/construction, automotive, appliances, electronics, and medical.
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players in the industry.
SCOPE OF REPORT
The report forecasts the size of the market in current U.S. dollars for rigid transparent plastics in value terms for each material and/or in volume terms from 2013 through 2018.
In this report, rigid transparent plastics include polycarbonate (PC), polypropylene (PP), polyvinyl chloride (PVC), polystyrene (PS), acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS), poly-methyl methacrylate (PMMA), styrene block copolymers (SBC), styrene methylmethacrylate (SMMA), cellulosic, polyamide (PA) and polyethylene terephthalate (PET). The ABS sector will cover the technologies and production of styrene acrylonitrile (SAN), also known as acrylonitrile styrene (AS). Forecasts are classified by product type, technology type, application and geographical region.
The report also describes raw materials supplies and important players in the rigid transparent plastics industry.
Jason Chen has been an analyst and consultant for the polymer, composite, fiber, textile and energy industries for 15 years. He works as a researcher, writer and/or editor for the American Composites Manufacturers Association (ACMA), China Textile Academy (CTA), China Chemical Fiber Association (CCFA), International Fiber Journal, Filtration News, Platts Emission Daily, Vision Systems Design, Pesticide and Toxic Chemical News and MobileTex. Currently he is the chief scientist of a company endeavoring to reduce China's air and water pollution. He has a degree in Civil Engineering, Chemicals and Advanced Materials from Shantou University.