Thermoformed Plastics: Global Markets
The global plastic thermoformed product market is significant, with an estimated consumption of 7.3 billion pounds in 2013 and 7.6 billion pounds in 2014 and an expected increase to 9.4 billion pounds by 2019, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.3%.
- An overview of the global market for thermoformed plastics
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2013, estimates for 2014 and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2019.
- Information on several important thermoformed plastics applications, such as rigid food and healthcare packaging, automobiles, building products, appliances, and an array of consumer and industrial/commercial products
- Profiles of top companies that produce the key plastic materials that are converted into thermoformed products
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The focus of the study is to quantify consumption of the major types of plastics used as thermoformed materials into each of its major applications. Thermoformed plastics are involved in several important applications, including rigid food and healthcare packaging, automotive, building products, appliances, and a wide array of consumer and industrial/commercial products. The overall quantitative coverage is global.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Melvin Schlechter has thirty years of experience in the chemical industry, specializes in plastics market research and has been a BCC Research analyst for since 2006. Previously, Mr. Schlechter was the International Director of Chemical Reports for Frost & Sullivan. He also worked for the Union Carbide Company as a Senior Market Research Analyst, was a Senior Organic/Polymer Chemist for Stauffer Chemical Company and a Research Organic Chemist for Allied Signal Corporation. Mr. Schlechter holds a B.S. in Chemistry from Queens College, a Masters in Organic Chemistry from Virginia Tech, and an MBA from Adelphi University.
The global market for thermoformed plastic products was 6.8 billion pounds in 2011, and consumption is expected to increase from 7.0 billion pounds in 2012 to 8.5 billion pounds by 2017, a 4.0% compound annual growth rate (CAGR).
- The U.S market for thermoformed plastics will increase from 4.9 billion pounds in 2007 to an estimated 5.1 billion pounds in 2008 and 6.3 billion pounds in 2013, for a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.3%.
- Packaging applications are expected to use 3.6 billion pounds of thermoformed plastic in 2008 and 4.5 billion in 2013, for a CAGR of 4.6%.
- Applications in appliances are expected to use 584 million pounds of thermoformed plastic in 2008, increasing to 682 million pounds in 2013, for a CAGR of 3.2%.