Global Markets for Circuit Elements with Memory: Memresistors, Memcapacitors, Meminductors
BCC Research expects the global market for circuit elements with memory to grow from essentially zero in the 2012 to 2013 timeframe to $100 million in 2018, and grow to more than $675 million in 2023. This market is expected to show a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 46.5% through the forecast period of 2018 to 2023.
- An overview of the global market for memresistors, memcapacitors, and meminductors.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data projections for 2014 through 2018 and 2023.
- Descriptions of the basic technologies behind memresistors, memcapacitors and meminductors as well as their history, challenges that must be overcome to commercialize them, possible time frames for their commercialization; and potential applications.
- Detailed patent analysis.
The proposed report will describe the basic technologies behind memresistors, memcapacitors and meminductors; their history and current state of development; theoretical advantages and disadvantages; challenges that must be overcome to commercialize them; possible time frames for their commercialization; and potential applications.
The report will focus on memristors, which are much closer to commercialization than the other two basic technologies; types of memristor (e.g. titanium dioxide, polymeric, ferroelectric, spin resistive), their strengths and weaknesses, and expected time to market; applications; and future sales.
The report will highlight the degree to which expected sales represent new markets vs. cannibalizing existing markets and the implications for suppliers’ business strategies. Cannibalization reportedly is a significant concern of developers like Hynix that have a presence in competing markets.
The study format includes the following major elements:
- Executive summary.
- Historical milestones.
- Technologies and applications that have the greatest commercial potential through 2023.
- Detailed market estimates and projections for each application and material during the period 2012 to 2017.
- General assessment of expected market trends in the longer term (2017 to 2023).
- Companies, academic and government laboratories that are developing commercial memristors, memcapacitors, and meminductors.
- Patent analysis.
Andrew McWilliams spent more than 25 years as a consultant with Ernst & Young, McKinsey & Company and A.T. Kearny focused on manufacturing before segueing into research analysis. He has been covering myriad technology categories for BCC Research for more than 15 years. McWilliams has a BA from Princeton University and an MA from Harvard University. He has worked in more than 40 countries and he resides in the greater Boston area.
- Implosion Manufacturing: Novel Nanotech Methods for Next Generation Materials (NAN065A)
- Civil engineering Services for Public Works Infrastructure Projects: North America (ENG023A)
- Organic Foods and Beverages: Global Markets (FOD067B)
- Bionics: Technologies and Global Markets (HLC196B)
- The Market for Minimally Invasive Medical Devices (HLC051H)