Flash Memory: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for flash memory was valued at $28.4 billion in 2012 and $30.1 billion in 2013. This market is expected to grow to $43.9 billion by 2018, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.8% for the five-year period, 2013 to 2018.
- An overview of the global market for solid-state flash memory and related technologies.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012 and 2013, and projections of CAGRs through 2018.
- A compare and contrast analysis of flash memory to current hard-disc based storage.
- Information on market drivers, trends, and the future outlook for flash memory technology.
This report examines flash memory according to market segment: enterprise/personal computer, mobile and peripherals. For each segment, we have estimated the total market, the number of applications and average revenue per application.
The following is provided for each segment:
- Definition of technical details.
- Overall market description.
- Comparison with other segments.
- Growth forecast and market trends.
- Business models.
- Key players and market share.
The goal of the report is to provide readers with the following:
- Understanding of the underlying flash memory technology.
- Knowledge of how these markets differ and shape the technology.
- Knowledge of business models used in different market segments.
- Understanding of the market potential for each segment and projections for the next 5 years.
Anand Joshi has more than 18 years of experience in the mobile and consumer electronics industry. He has authored five prior BCC Research reports covering various electronics markets.
As an industry executive, he has often been involved in developing market strategies and market projections, and modeling. He brings his extensive industry expertise and knowledge to the development of this report.