Multi-Touch Technology, Applications and Global Markets
The global multi-touch technology market, valued at about $3 billion in 2012, is expected to increase to nearly $3.5 billion in 2013 and to $7.3 billion by 2018, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 16% over the five-year period from 2013 through 2018.
- An overview of the global market for multi-touch screen technology.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012 and 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018.
- Discussion of the technology's evolution, target audience, pricing trends, and revenue flow model.
- A breakdown of technologies, including resistive, capacitive, infrared, acoustic, camera-based (optical), vision-based, and embedded.
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players in the industry.
This report examines the global market for touch screen technologies used in various products, including smartphones, tablets, e-readers, laptop/notebook computers, televisions and various types of displays. This report is segmented into sections covering products, technologies and applications. The technology section is segmented into transparent touch screen and opaque touch screen technologies. The product market is segmented into consumer electronics products, IT products and miscellaneous products. The application segment is divided into consumer applications, enterprise applications and miscellaneous applications. The market by region is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and the rest of world (ROW). Multi-touch technology market size estimates and forecasts are provided for each region for the period of 2012 to 2018.
Mr. Mayank Jain holds a master of engineering degree in electronics-VLSI from BVU College of Engineering, Pune (India) and a bachelor’s degree in electronics and telecommunication from RGPV, Bhopal (India). He has nearly eight years of experience in the high-technology industry, specifically in the areas of business analysis, market research, and semiconductor sales and marketing. He has worked with leading market research, semiconductor products and service providers such as Gartner, Microsemi and Infotech Enterprises. His interests include the research areas SoC FPGAs and ASICs, embedded systems, green technologies, cloud computing, wireless networks and automation.