Mobile Technologies: Global Markets
The global market for mobile applications totaled about $6.5 billion in 2012. The market is estimated to be worth approximately $8.6 billion in 2013. At a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.7%, the market is expected to grow to nearly $16.3 billion by 2018.
- An overview of the global market for mobile technologies, which includes the emergence of the new category called smartphones.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018.
- Exploration of the total available market for mobile applications and segmentation by categories.
- Discussion of key software development platforms, such as Android, iOS, Blackberry, and Windows, by key features of the SDK, popular CPU architectures and models, and phone shipments by volume.
- Examination of the marketplace for mobile applications by pricing strategies and business models, and by gaming, multimedia, and personal use.
REPORT SCOPE AND ORGANIZATION
This report segments mobile applications by the most popular operating systems in the market: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, and BlackBerry. For each segment, we have estimated the total market, number of applications, and average revenue per application.
The following is provided for each segment:
- Definition of technical details.
- Overall market description.
- Comparison with other segments.
- Growth forecast and market trends.
- Business models.
- Key players and market share.
The goal of the report is to provide readers with the following:
- Understanding of the underlying operating system and how it shapes the market.
- Knowledge of various software development kits offered by manufacturers to develop applications.
- Knowledge of business models used in different market segments.
- Understanding of the market potential for each segment and projections for the next five years.
Anand Joshi has more than 18 years of experience in the mobile and consumer electronics industry. He has authored five prior BCC Research reports covering various electronics markets.
As an industry executive, he has often been involved in developing market strategies and market projections, and modeling. He brings his extensive industry expertise and knowledge to the development of this report.