3D Printing Software and Services Market - A Global and Regional Analysis: Focus on Software, Service, Application, End-Use Industry, and Region - Analysis and forecast, 2022-2031
Global 3D Printing Software and Services Market to Reach $80,847.6 Million by 2031.
Market Report Coverage - 3D Printing Software and Services
- By Application - Functional Models/Functional Prototyping/Research Models, Artistic Items, Spare Parts/Custom Parts/Small-Run Series Production, Device Covers, and Others
- By End-Use Industry - Automotive Industry, Consumer Industry, Healthcare Industry, Aerospace Industry, Education and Research Industry, Government and Military, Architecture Industry, Packaging Industry, Oil and Gas Industry, and Others
- By Software - 3D Designing Software, Data Preparation Software, Simulation Software, Machine Control Software, QA and Security
- By Services - Print-On-Demand Services, After Sales and Maintenance Services, Printing Materials, and Others
- North America - U.S., Canada, Mexico
- Europe - Germany, France, Italy, and Rest-of-Europe
- Asia-Pacific and Japan - Japan, South Korea, India, Australia, Singapore, and Rest-of-Asia-Pacific and Japan
- South America - Brazil, Argentina, and Rest-of-South America
- Middle East and Africa - U.A.E, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and Rest-of-the-Middle East and Africa
Market Growth Drivers
- Cost-Effectiveness, Greater Design Flexibility, and Low Wastage
- Increasing Technological Advancements in the 3D Printing Industry and Integration of Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Strong Growth of 3D Printing Technology in the Healthcare Industry
- Government Initiatives and Rising Investments in R&D
- Growing Demand from End-Use Industries
- Lack of Technical Expertise
- Limited Availability and High Cost of Materials
- Complications Related to the Intellectual Property
- Rising Demand for 3D Printing in Emerging Economics
- Advancements in the 3D Printing Software and Services
- Rising Demand for Metal 3D Printing
- Rising Demand from Emerging Application Verticals
Key Companies Profiled
3D Systems, Inc., Artec 3D, Autodesk Inc., Digital Mechanics AB, OC Oerlikon Management AG, Dassault Systèmes, Fathom Digital Manufacturing Corporation, Imaginarium, Materialise NV, Organovo Holdings, Inc., Prodways Technologies, Proto Labs, Inc., PTC, Inc., Sciaky Inc., Sculpteo, Shapeways, Inc., Stratasys Ltd., VoxelJet AG, Trimble Inc., Star Rapid, Siemens Digital Industries Software, Xometry Inc., Desktop Metal, Inc., Castor Technologies Ltd., Axial3D, Nano Dimension
How This Report Can Add Value
This extensive report can help with:
- A dedicated section focusing on the futuristic trends adopted by the key players operating in the global 3D printing software and services market.
- Extensive competitive benchmarking of key 20 players and 5 start-up companies, offering a holistic view of the global 3D printing software and services landscape.
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis of 3D printing software and services industry at regional-level granularity based on region, end-use industry, application, services, and software segments.
- In October 2021, 3D Systems Corporation announced the acquisition of Volumetric Biotechnologies which focuses on developing the ability to manufacture human organs using bioprinting methods. The acquisition is part of 3D Systems' plan to establish a world-class research capability in Houston, Texas.
- In March 2021, Autodesk Inc. announced the global availability of Autodesk Takeoff, a new product that empowers estimators to perform 2D and 3D quantification workflows from a common data environment.
- In March 2021, Desktop Metal announced that it has developed a breakthrough powder that enables aluminum sintering for binder jetting AM technology. The new powder was developed in partnership with Uniformity Labs.
Key Questions Answered in the Report
- What are the major factors and trends that are impacting the 3D printing software and services market?
- How has COVID-19 impacted the 3D printing software and services market across the globe?
- What are the steps taken by the existing players to improve their market positioning and the strategy adopted by new players entering in marketspace?
- Which is the leading software, service, printed material, technology, application, and end user in the market, and how are they going to perform in the coming years?
- What are the latest developments in various countries across the globe for the development of the 3D printing software and services market, and what are the consumption patterns?
- What is the bottleneck around the adoption across different regions and countries? Are there any government regulations (regional/global) impacting the 3D printing software and services market?
3D Printing Software and Services Market
3D printing technology has been developing significantly since the early 1980s, and much can be attributed to the technological advancements in this field. The ecosystem of the 3D printing software and services market comprises 3D printing software developers, service providers, material providers, end-users, and others. The market is still developing, with North America at the forefront, followed by Europe and other regions.
3D Printing Software and Services Industry Overview
The 3D printing software and services market was valued at $9,661.7 million in 2021 and is expected to reach $80,847.6 million by 2031, growing at a CAGR of 24.3% between 2022 and 2031. The 3D printing software and services market is driven by several factors, including the growing adoption of AI and machine learning (ML), demand from end-use industries like automotive, aerospace, and others, and increasing adoption in the healthcare industry. Growing investment and support from the government are expected to positively impact the growth of the overall market during the forecast period.
3D Printing Software and Services Market by Application
The functional models/functional prototyping/research models segment is expected to be the largest application during the forecast period 2022-2031. Unlike conventional manufacturing technologies, 3D printing allows users to print prototypes quickly without wasting much energy and materials, promoting the growing adoption of 3D printing for functional prototyping.
3D Printing Software and Services Market by End-Use Industry
The aerospace segment is expected to be the largest end-use industry during the forecast period 2022-2031. The growing adoption of 3D printing in the aerospace industry for the production of vehicle bodies, seats, engine parts, and rotor blades, is driving the growth of the aerospace segment in the 3D printing software and services market.
3D Printing Software and Services Market by Software
The 3D designing software segment is expected to be the largest software segment during the forecast period 2022-2031. 3D designing software allows users to design products in any shape and size. These software are used for 3D visualizing, modeling, engineering, drawing, interior designing, and other similar designing tasks.
3D Printing Software and Services Market by Services
The print-on-demand segment is expected to be the largest services segment during the forecast period 2022-2031. Print-on-demand services allow users to outsource the 3D printing process without worrying about the cost of installing a 3D printer.
3D Printing Software and Services Market by Region
North America accounted for the highest share in the global 3D printing software and services market in 2021, owing to the presence of a significant number of 3D printing software and services players such as 3D Systems Corporation, Autodesk Inc., Proto Labs, Inc., the ExOne Company, Desktop Metal, FATHOM, and others.
Key Market Players and Competition Synopsis
Some key players operating in the market are 3D Systems, Inc., Artec 3D, Autodesk Inc., Digital Mechanics AB, OC Oerlikon Management AG, Dassault Systèmes, Fathom Digital Manufacturing Corporation, Imaginarium, Materialise NV, Organovo Holdings, Inc., Prodways Technologies, Proto Labs, Inc., PTC, Inc., Sciaky Inc., Sculpteo, Shapeways, Inc., Stratasys Ltd., VoxelJet AG, Trimble Inc., Star Rapid, Siemens Digital Industries Software, Xometry Inc., Desktop Metal, Inc., Castor Technologies Ltd., Axial3D, and Nano Dimension.
The companies that are profiled in the report have been selected based on a selective pool of players, such as tier-1 players, mid-segment players, and small and emerging companies, based on various factors such as product portfolios, annual revenues, market penetrations, research, and development initiatives, along with a domestic and international presence in the 3D printing software and services market.
BIS Research is a global B2B market intelligence and advisory firm focusing on those emerging technological trends which are likely to disrupt the dynamics of the market.
With over 150 market research reports published annually, BIS Research focuses on high technology verticals such as 3D Printing, Advanced Materials and Chemicals, Aerospace and Defense, Automotive, Healthcare, Electronics and Semiconductors, Robotics and UAV, and other emerging technologies.
Our in-depth market intelligence reports focus on the market estimations, technology analysis, emerging high-growth applications, deeply segmented granular country-level market data, and other important market parameters useful in the strategic decision-making for senior management.