Global Augmented Reality and Mixed Reality Market-Analysis and Forecast (2018-2025) Focus on Device Types (Head Mounted Displays and Head-Up Displays) and Applications (Healthcare, Industrial, Automotive, Aerospace and Defense, Education and Others)
The report presents a detailed market analysis including an in-depth analysis of the market drivers, opportunities, challenges, and growth trend mapped across device types, application, and geographies. The market is segmented on the basis of device types (head-mounted displays and head-up displays), application areas and geographical regions. The established presence of smartphones and tablets has been one of the major driving factors for the industry. The impact for this driver is kept high for the next two to three years, owing to the aggressive infrastructural development pertaining to this industry. Investments from leading industry players and the vast presence of original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) has also contributed to the growth of the overall augmented reality and mixed reality market.
Although the demand for these headsets is increasing at a very fast pace, the privacy issues and technical issues such as limited battery life, and image latency, among others, are some of the major concerns working against the massive proliferation of these headsets. In order to counter these shortcomings, companies are looking to develop advanced hardware solutions and next generation technologies such as depth sensing, and simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM).
The augmented reality and mixed reality by device type chapter is the result of a comprehensive and rigorous research. The device types that have been prevalent in the augmented reality market include Head-Mounted Displays (HMDs) and Head-Up Displays (HUDs) whereas the device type prevalent in the mixed reality industry include only head-mounted displays. In terms of revenue, HMDs generated more revenue than HUDs in 2017, with the primary reason being the widespread adoption of HMDs in application areas such as industrial, healthcare, automotive, aerospace and defense, among others, as compared to the limited usage of HUDs in the automotive and aerospace sector.
In the recent years, the augmented reality and mixed reality devices have penetrated a plethora of application areas including industrial, healthcare, automotive, aerospace and defense, and education, among others. The report provides an exhaustive application analysis including the market statistics for different verticals and enumerates various use cases with a futuristic roadmap for each industry vertical. An extensive research and study on the leading as well as developing regions in the augmented reality and mixed reality market such as APAC, North America, Middle East, and Latin America, the report provides the market statistics, drivers, challenges, and opportunities across these regions.
The report also formulates the entire value chain of the market, along with industry trends of augmented reality and mixed reality devices and applications with emphasis on market timelines & technology roadmaps, and market dynamics. Some of the key players in the augmented reality and mixed reality industry include Microsoft Corporation, Meta Company, Vuzix Corporation, ODG, Seiko Epson Corporation, DAQRI, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., Acer Inc., Dell Inc., and Magic Leap, among others.
Key questions answered in the report
- What will be the global augmented reality and mixed reality market value by 2025 along with the estimated CAGR
- What are the driving factors for the global augmented reality and mixed reality market through 2017 to 2025
- Which factors are impending the growth of the global augmented reality and mixed reality market
- What are the recent trends and developments in the global augmented reality and mixed reality industry
- Who are the leading players in the augmented reality and mixed reality market along with their competitive benchmarking
- Which augmented reality device type will lead the global augmented reality market by 2025
- What is the revenue generated by augmented reality devices across different application verticals during the forecast period
- Which application will dominate the global augmented reality application market by 2025
- Which application will dominate the global mixed reality application market by 2025
- Which region will lead the global augmented reality market by 2025
- Which region will lead the global mixed reality market by 2025
BIS Research is a global B2B market intelligence and advisory firm focusing on those emerging technological trends which are likely to disrupt the dynamics of the market.
With over 150 market research reports published annually, BIS Research focuses on high technology verticals such as 3D Printing, Advanced Materials and Chemicals, Aerospace and Defense, Automotive, Healthcare, Electronics and Semiconductors, Robotics and UAV, and other emerging technologies.
Our in-depth market intelligence reports focus on the market estimations, technology analysis, emerging high-growth applications, deeply segmented granular country-level market data, and other important market parameters useful in the strategic decision-making for senior management.