Global Genetic Counseling Market: Analysis and Forecast, 2019-2030
Global Genetic Counseling Market to Reach $4,079.3 Million by 2030
Market Report Coverage - Genetic Counseling
- By Key Players Business Model: Core Genetic Counseling Companies, Direct-to-Consumer Genetic Testing Companies, and Clinical Genetic Testing Companies
- By Counseling Approach: Integrated, Independent, and Discretionary Genetic Counseling
- By Level of Service: Pre- and Post-Genetic Counseling Services
- By Target Population: General Population and Intent-to-Treat Patient Population
- By Type of Service: Risk Assessment Counseling and Pharmacogenomic Counseling
- By Type of Application: Prenatal/Preconception Care, Pediatric Care, Indication Risk Assessment, and Genetic Counseling for Intent-to-Treat Patients
- By Type of Counseling Channel: Providers and Self-Referred Individuals
- By Region: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest-of-the-World
- North America – U.S., Canada
- Europe – Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Romania, Netherlands, Norway, Rest-of-Europe
- Asia-Pacific – China, Japan, India, Taiwan, New Zealand, South Korea, Australia, Rest-of-APAC
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Rapid Rise in Number of Genetic Counselors’ Workforce
- Increasing Adoption of Inorganic Growth Strategies in the Market
- Rising Demand of Prenatal and Preconception Genetic Support Services in Major Geographies
- Limited Reimbursement Among Major Insurance Providers
- Lack of Genetic Counselors
- Healthcare Costs Mitigation
- Expected Implementation of H.R. 3235 Bill in the U.S.
- Entry of New Genetic Counseling Platforms to Maximize Counselors’ Productivity
Key Genetic Counseling Companies Profiled
- InformedDNA, Integrated Genetics (Laboratory Corporation of America), Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, Genome Medical, ARUP Laboratories, Invitae Corporation, GeneMatters, and MyOncoPath.
Key Questions Answered in this Report:
- What is genetic counseling? How different settings for genetic counseling has evolved over the centuries?
- What are the major market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global genetic counseling market?
- What was the global genetic counseling market size in terms of revenue in 2019? How is the market expected to evolve in the upcoming years? What is the expected market size in 2030?
- How is each segment of the global genetic counseling market expected to grow during the forecast period between 2020 to 2030, and what revenue is expected to be generated by each of the segments by the end of 2030?
- What are the developmental strategies implemented by the key players to sustain in the competitive market?
- What is the growth potential of the global genetic counseling in several countries globally?
- Which service segment among the four (proactive indication risk assessment, prenatal/preconception, pediatric, or pharmacogenomic) are offered by key players such as Integrated Genetics (Laboratory Corporation of America), InformedDNA, Genome Medical, Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, MyOncoPath, among others?
- Which genetic counseling approach was leading the market in 2019 and is expected to dominate the market in 2030, and why?
- Which application type is leading the market in 2019 and is expected to dominate the market in 2030 and why?
- Which region dominated the global genetic counseling market in 2019, and what are the expected trends from each of the regions in the forecast period 2020-2030?
Genetic Counseling is a communication process that intends to assist at-risk or affected individuals and families in understanding the disease risks, mode of transmission, and natural history of a genetic disorder. The approach also facilitates informed consent for genetic tests when required, in settings such as family planning and risk management services.
Traditionally, the genetic counseling support services had mainly been offered for settings such as indication risk assessment and other segments of prenatal/preconception, and pediatric risk care. However, with the advent of new players in the genetic counseling market, pharmacogenomic services and diagnostic counseling services have become an eminent part of current diagnostic and treatment practices. Several players, such as Genome Medical and MyOncoPath, are currently offering these services in the market. The entry of new players in the market, coupled up with increased innovation pertaining to cost mitigation and resource output maximization had transformed the market currently.
The existing market of genetic counseling is favored by multiple factors, which include rising government initiatives, coupled up with general population’s growing awareness pertaining to genetic conditions. Additionally, the increasing number of genetic counselors in both industry and hospital settings is also one of the key driving factors for genetic counseling market.
Within the research report, the market is segmented on the basis of key players business model (core genetic counseling company, clinical genetic testing company, and direct-to-consumer testing company), genetic counseling approach (integrated counseling, discretionary counseling, and independent counseling services), level of counseling (pre- and post-counseling support), target population (general population and patients), type of service (risk assessment counseling and pharmacogenomic counseling), application( prenatal/preconception care, pediatric care, indication risk assessment, and genetic counseling for intent-to-treat patients), counseling channel (providers and self-referred individuals) and region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Rest-of-the-World). This segmentation highlights value propositions and business models useful for industry leaders and stakeholders. The research also comprises country-level analysis, go-to-market strategies of leading players, future opportunities, among others, to detail the scope and provide a 360-coverage of the domain.
Major players, including Genome Medical, GeneMatters, Fulgent Genetics, and InformedDNA, among others, led the number of synergistic developments (partnerships and alliances) witnessed by the market. On the basis of region, North America is expected to retain a leading position throughout the forecast period 2020-2030, followed by Europe. This is a result of the presence of leading industry players in this region, coupled up with a rising number of genetic conditions.
BIS Research is a global B2B market intelligence and advisory firm focusing on those emerging technological trends which are likely to disrupt the dynamics of the market.
With over 150 market research reports published annually, BIS Research focuses on high technology verticals such as 3D Printing, Advanced Materials and Chemicals, Aerospace and Defense, Automotive, Healthcare, Electronics and Semiconductors, Robotics and UAV, and other emerging technologies.
Our in-depth market intelligence reports focus on the market estimations, technology analysis, emerging high-growth applications, deeply segmented granular country-level market data, and other important market parameters useful in the strategic decision-making for senior management.