Global Medical Assistive Technologies Market- Focus on Product, End-User, Countries, Patents, Market Share, and Competitive Landscape - Analysis and Forecast (2017-2025)
As per the World Health Organization (WHO) statistics, globally more than one billion people require one or more assistive products. Moreover, with the aging global population and rise in the non-communicable diseases, more than two billion people will need at least one assistive product by 2050, with several older people needing two or more. Furthermore, an estimated 285 million people are visually impaired worldwide. Around 70 million people need a wheelchair, and another 360 million people globally, have moderate to profound hearing loss. The rates of disability are increasing due to aging populations and increase in chronic health conditions, which increases the medical assistive technologies' adoption rate. However, people with disabilities have lesser access to healthcare services, and therefore, unfulfilled health care needs.
The medical assistive technologies are the products, equipment or devices that are used to improve or the functional disabilities. The assistive technology devices used by the disabled people can be hardware, software or stand-alone devices. These devices are used to support vocational aids, assistive listening & environmental aids, aids for daily living, visual & learning aids, mobility aids, and others. The medical assistive technologies provide the devices that help to overcome the cognitive difficulties, impairments, in disabled & geriatric population.
The assistive devices and technologies related to the hearing and vision are defined by the World Health Organization (WHO), as prosthetics, mobility aides, hearing aids, visual aids, and specialized computer software and hardware increase mobility, hearing, vision and communication capacities. These technologies are of immense help to the people with special needs, for instance, to the people with physical challenges, for living a self-dependent, and dignified life, ensuring a regular, active, and healthy social interaction.
Disability, which is a complex and multi-dimensional term refers to impairments, limitations on the activity, and restrictions on the participation which is a combination of medical, and contextual factors. There prevail diversified facets among the people with medical impairment i.e. some are born with a disabling condition, others acquire a disability through injury or a chronic disease, while others develop a disability at an older age. However, the health needs for disabled people also vary depending on the type of limitation, and the primary health conditions in which some require high healthcare needs while others do not.
The global medical assistive technologies market witnessed tremendous development in the assistive technologies and have evolved both in terms of performance and characteristics. Access to the assistive devices is essential for people (geriatric & disabled) with challenges for a harmonious interaction in the professional, social and community life.
This research study includes an extensive analysis of the global medical assistive technologies market by product, end-user and geographical regions, allowing the researcher to develop a comprehensive outlook of the market. Each of these segments has been analyzed based on their current and future market size, considering the macro and micro environmental factors.
The market report presents a detailed and investigative study of the entire market and provides a comprehensive insight into various forms of development, trends and the key market participants. While highlighting the key driving and restraining forces for this dynamic market, the report also provides a comprehensive section on competitive landscape, market share analysis, competitive benchmarking, and the position of the competitors within the global medical assistive technologies market.
The following key questions have been addressed in the report:
- What are the major market drivers, challenges and opportunities of the global medical assistive technologies market
- How did the advanced assistive technologies evolve and what is its scope in the future
- What were the market shares of the leading segments and sub-segments of the global medical assistive technologies market in 2016 and what will be the shares in 2025
- How will each of the segments of the global medical assistive technologies market grow during the forecast period and what will be the revenue generated by each of the segments by the end of 2025
- How did the market share of the leading companies change in 2016 and which country will lead the market in 2017
- How will the medical assistive industry evolve during the forecast period 2017-2025
- What are the key developments and strategies implemented by the key players to stand out in this market
- Which product, and end-user will dominate the global medical assistive technologies market by the end of the forecast period and which one is growing at the highest CAGR during the forecast period 2017-2025
- What will be the growth rate of different segments during the forecast period Which is the leading segment by product, end-user and region
- Who are the key players in the global medical assistive technologies market
- Which region will lead the global medical assistive technologies market in revenue generation through the forecast period
- Which country will be growing at the highest CAGR during the forecast period
The key players who have significant contributions to the medical assistive technologies market are Sonova Holding AG, William Demant Holding, Sunrise Medical, GN ReSound Group, Invacare Corporation, Med-El, Sivantos Ltd., VFO Group, Starkey Hearing Technologies and OttoBock Healthcare GmbH among others.
BIS Research is a global B2B market intelligence and advisory firm focusing on those emerging technological trends which are likely to disrupt the dynamics of the market.
With over 150 market research reports published annually, BIS Research focuses on high technology verticals such as 3D Printing, Advanced Materials and Chemicals, Aerospace and Defense, Automotive, Healthcare, Electronics and Semiconductors, Robotics and UAV, and other emerging technologies.
Our in-depth market intelligence reports focus on the market estimations, technology analysis, emerging high-growth applications, deeply segmented granular country-level market data, and other important market parameters useful in the strategic decision-making for senior management.