Global Medical Lighting Technologies Market: Focus on Product, Application, Technology, Countries, Patents, Market Share, and Competitive Landscape - Analysis and Forecast (2018-2026)
The operating rooms always require specialized and technologically advanced lighting systems, as these systems play a significant role in a successful surgical procedure. Poor lighting spectrum may result into poor performance and wellbeing of the surgical team, the quality & safety of the working environment and adverse effect on the patient. Research studies report that 25% of the surgery time is spent on the adjustments of the lights. However, an important decision to be taken while considering medical lighting system is whether all the operating rooms or surgical suites have similar lighting requirements, or their lighting requirements differ from each other in some respects because of specific surgical requirements. Operating rooms with similar lighting requirements will have less installation and maintenance cost.
Due to restrictive budget for hospitals and medical facilities, the incorporation of technologically advanced and energy efficient LEDs provides significant benefits both at operational and financial level. LEDs are growing in popularity for their longevity and their ability to provide more light with lesser heat. The surgical lighting is currently during a radical technical transformation. The lighting technology is beginning to change from halogen or xenon lamps to LED arrays which promises the benefits of dramatically increased life, reduced energy consumption and cooler operating temperatures. However, most of the developments with LEDs has been in the surgical lighting but technology would rapidly move into the exam lighting as well. These new energy sources offer improvements in bulb life, efficiency and intensity and had provided more choices in performance as well as design to those facilities searching for better lighting products.
The demand for the medical lighting system has increased owing to the infrastructural development of multispecialty hospitals across countries. The usage of advanced lighting system is witnessing a rapid growth in hospitals due to the wide adoption of the lighting products in various hospital applications. The increasing investment in the healthcare institutions by the government of various countries is the major factor for the growth of medical lighting market. One of the most important and critical parameter in the development and enhancement of hospital infrastructure is the efficient implementation of advanced lighting systems. Proper lighting spectrum in the hospitals significantly impact each level of activities in the hospitals. It provides significant illumination to help the surgical team to perform visual tasks in surgical procedures more efficiently and further helps in reducing the chances of medical errors and maintaining the body’s circadian system.
This research study includes an extensive analysis of the global medical lighting technologies market by product, application, technology and geographical regions, allowing the researcher to develop a comprehensive outlook of the market. Each of these segments has been analyzed based on their current and future market size, considering the macro and micro environmental factors.
The market report presents a detailed and investigative study of the entire market and provides a comprehensive insight into various forms of development, trends and the key market participants. While highlighting the key driving and restraining forces for this dynamic market, the report also provides a comprehensive section on competitive landscape, market share analysis, competitive benchmarking, and the position of the competitors within the global medical lighting technologies market.
The following key questions have been addressed in the report:
- What are the major market drivers, challenges and opportunities of the global medical lighting technologies market
- How did the advanced lighting technologies evolve and what is its scope in the future
- What were the market shares by value of the leading segments and sub-segments of the global medical lighting technologies market in 2017 and what will be the shares in 2026
- What were the market shares by volume of the leading product segment of the global medical lighting technologies market in 2017 and what will be the shares in 2026
- How will each of the segments of the global medical lighting technologies market by value grow during the forecast period and what will be the revenue generated by each of the segments by the end of 2026
- How will the product segment of the global medical lighting technologies market by volume grow during the forecast period and what will be the installation volume of the lighting systems by region in the end of 2026
- How did the market share of the leading companies change in 2016 and which country will lead the market in 2017
- How will the medical lighting industry evolve during the forecast period 2018-2026
- What are the key developments and strategies implemented by the key players to stand out in this market
- Which product, application and technology will dominate the global medical lighting technologies market by the end of the forecast period and which one is growing at the highest CAGR during the forecast period 2018-2026
- What will be the growth rate of different segments during the forecast period Which is the leading segment by product, application, and technology
- Who are the key players in the global medical lighting technologies market
- Which region will lead the global medical lighting technologies market in revenue generation through the forecast period
- Which region will lead the global medical lighting technologies market in surgical and examination lighting systems installation volume throughout the forecast period
- Which country will be growing at the highest CAGR during the forecast period
The key players who have significant contributions to the medical lighting technologies market are Brandon Medical Co. Ltd., Burton Medical Products Corporation, Cree Inc., Daray Medical, Dragerwerk AG & Co. KGaA, DRE Medical, Eaton Corporation plc, Getinge AB, Herbert Waldmann GmbH & Co. KG, and Integra Lifesciences Holdings Corporation among others.
BIS Research is a global B2B market intelligence and advisory firm focusing on those emerging technological trends which are likely to disrupt the dynamics of the market.
With over 150 market research reports published annually, BIS Research focuses on high technology verticals such as 3D Printing, Advanced Materials and Chemicals, Aerospace and Defense, Automotive, Healthcare, Electronics and Semiconductors, Robotics and UAV, and other emerging technologies.
Our in-depth market intelligence reports focus on the market estimations, technology analysis, emerging high-growth applications, deeply segmented granular country-level market data, and other important market parameters useful in the strategic decision-making for senior management.