Global Smart Food Market: Focus on Food Types (Functional, Encapsulated, Genetically Modified) & End Products (Dairy, Bakery, Meat, Confectionary, Dietary Supplements, Beverages) - Analysis & Forecast (2017-2022)
Owing to the to the increasing awareness among consumers about health and balanced diet and also the changing dietary patterns due to modern lifestyle, the smart food market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.32% through 2016 to 2022. The companies have come up with the smart food segment in their existing product portfolios, marketing them as products which assist in preventing diseases or improve health conditions, thereby further reducing the healthcare costs.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The report is a compilation of the different segments of global smart food market, including market breakdown by the food type, end products, and different geographical areas. Herein the revenue generated from the food type, namely: functional food, encapsulated food, genetically modified food, and others; and end products, namely: bakery products, confectionay, and dairy products is tracked to calculate the overall market size. While highlighting the key driving and restraining forces for this market, the report also provides a detailed summary of the smart food market. It also includes the key participants involved in the industry at the relevant sections.
The report answers the following questions about the global smart food market:
- What is the size, in terms of value ($million) of global smart food market in 2016, and growth rate during the forecast period, 2017-2022
- What are different food types considered as smart food and their recent developments by respective manufacturers
- What is the market size of different end products in this market, in terms of value and their respective growth prospects and key developments
- What is the market size for different food types, based on various end products, and regions
- What is the smart food market size for different regions, in terms of value and their respective growth prospects and key developments
- What are the key trends and opportunities in the market, pertaining to countries included in different geographical regions
- How attractive is the market for different stakeholders present in the industry by analyzing the futuristic scenario of smart foods
- What are the major driving forces that tend to increase the demand for smart foods during the forecast period
- What are the major challenges inhibiting the growth of the global smart food market
- What kind of new strategies are being adopted by existing market players to make a mark in the industry
- What is the competitive strength of key players in the smart food market by analyzing through market share
- What are the key market players in the market, along with their detailed analysis & profiles (including company snapshots, their financials, key products & services, and SWOT analysis)
The report puts special emphasis on the market share of the services provided in smart food market, owing to the changing paradigms in the industry. In spite of this, due to the numerous instances of failed business models and financial pressure, a majority of potential new entrants resist from adopting smart food services. The reports further includes a thorough analysis of the impact of the five major forces to understand the overall attractiveness of the industry. This segment also focuses on the investments done in the smart food market by the market participants.
The most often used strategy for developing a better hold on to the market has been through mergers & accquisition, followed by business expansion. Moreover, the company profile section highlights significant information about the key companies involved along with their financial positions, key strategies & developmental activities of recent years.
Further, the report includes an exhaustive analysis of the geographical split into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (R.o.W.). Each geography details the individual push and pull forces in addition to the key players from that region. The prominent players operating in the global smart food market are Ingredion, Cargill Inc., Balchem Corporation, Sensient Technologies, Symrise, and Kerry group.
BIS Research is a global B2B market intelligence and advisory firm focusing on those emerging technological trends which are likely to disrupt the dynamics of the market.
With over 150 market research reports published annually, BIS Research focuses on high technology verticals such as 3D Printing, Advanced Materials and Chemicals, Aerospace and Defense, Automotive, Healthcare, Electronics and Semiconductors, Robotics and UAV, and other emerging technologies.
Our in-depth market intelligence reports focus on the market estimations, technology analysis, emerging high-growth applications, deeply segmented granular country-level market data, and other important market parameters useful in the strategic decision-making for senior management.