Space-Based RF & Microwave Technology Market - A Global and Regional Analysis: Focus on Platform, Application, End User, Component, Frequency and Country - Analysis and Forecast, 2021-2031
Global Space-Based RF & Microwave Technology Market to Reach $14,015.8 Million by 2031.
Market Report Coverage - Space-Based RF & Microwave Technology
- Platforms - Space-based platforms and Ground-based platforms
- Application – Communication, Earth Observation, Navigation/GPS, Technology Development, and Others
- End User - Government and Military, Logistics, Media and Telemetry, Oil and Gas, Environmental and Monitoring, and Others
- Component - TRM (Transmitter/Receiver Module), Amplifier, RF Switches, RF Cables, FPGA/IC, and Others
- Frequency - Very-High Frequency (VHF) (30MHz-300MHz), Ultra-High Frequency (UHF) (301MHz-3GHz), Super-High Frequency (SHF) (4GHz-30GHz), and Extremely-High Frequency (EHF) (31GHz-300GHz)
- North America - U.S. and Canada
- Europe - U.K., France, Germany, Russia, Rest-of-Europe
- Asia-Pacific - China, Japan, India, and Rest-of-Asia-Pacific
Market Growth Drivers
- Rising Demand for Satellite Communication Systems
- Rising Usage of CubeSats and Other Cost-Effective Satellite Solutions
- Market Access Restriction and Spectrum Allocation Problems
- Export and Investment Challenges
- Commercial Business Opportunities within New Space
Key Companies Profiled
ASELSAN A.Ş., Airbus S.A.S., Cobham Limited, General Dynamics Mission Systems, Inc., Honeywell International Inc., HUBER+SUHNER AG, Kongsberg, L3Harris Technologies, Inc., Leonardo S.p.A, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Microchip Technology Inc, Teledyne Technologies, Thales Group, and TTI Norte S.L. (TTI).
How This Report Can Add Value
The product segment helps the readers in understanding the different types of space-based microwave & RF components and their market potential globally. Moreover, the study provides the readers a detailed understanding of the platforms on which they are integrated, their applications, and the frequency on which they operate. Additionally, comprehensive coverage on components and application of the global space-based RF & microwave technology market has also been added to the study.
Players operating in the global space-based RF & microwave technology market are developing innovative products to enhance the capabilities of their product offerings. Growth/marketing strategies will help the readers understand the revenue-generating strategies adopted by the players operating in the global space-based RF & microwave technology market. For instance, in April 2021, the company announced the expansion of its radiation-hardened arm microcontroller (MCU) family for space systems. The microcontroller is based on system-on-chip (SoC) commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) to rad-hard scalable solutions with the addition of embedded analog capabilities. Moreover, other strategies adopted by the market players will help the readers make strategic decisions, such as go-to-market strategies.
Players analyzed and profiled in the study involve original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and component providers that capture a maximum share in the global space-based RF & microwave technology market. Moreover, a detailed competitive benchmarking of the players operating in the global space-based RF & microwave technology market has been done that will help the readers to understand how players stack against each other, presenting a clear market landscape. Additionally, comprehensive competitive strategies such as partnerships, agreements, and collaborations will aid the readers in understanding the untapped revenue pockets in the market.
Key questions answered in the Report
- What are the upcoming trends in the global space-based RF & microwave technology market across different regions?
- What are the major driving forces expected to increase the demand for satellite connectivity during the forecast period 2021-2031?
- What are the major challenges inhibiting the growth of the global space-based RF & microwave technology market?
- What was the revenue generated in the global space-based RF & microwave technology market by various segments in 2020, and what are the estimates by 2031?
- Which end user of the space-based RF & microwave technology market (government and military, logistics, media and telemetry, oil and gas, and environment and monitoring) is expected to dominate the market in the coming years?
- What is the estimated revenue to be generated by the global space-based RF & microwave technology market across different regions (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest-of-the-World) during the forecast period?
- Who are the key players in the global space-based RF & microwave technology market, and what are the new strategies that they are adopting to make a mark in the industry?
- What major opportunities do the space-based RF & microwave technology market companies foresee in the next ten years?
- What is the competitive strength of the key leading players in the global space-based RF & microwave technology market?
Space-Based RF & Microwave Technology Market
Laser communication has been a notable frontier as an alternate to RF systems, but the practical applications of laser communication are still a challenge with no feasible solution. The latest trend in the global space-based RF & microwave technology market is software-defined reconfigurable components, additive manufacturing processes, and increasing usage of higher frequencies. These trends will eventually lead to the versatility of components, reduction in testing and development cost, and high data transfer rates, respectively.
Space-Based RF & Microwave Technology Industry Overview
The technological advancement in terms of size, reliability, transfer rate, and power consumption are driving the global space-based RF & microwave technology market. In addition, the introduction of new private players and increasing government and institutional funding within the space domain help generate market opportunities.
The global space-based RF & microwave technology market is estimated to reach $14,015.8 million in 2031, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.26% during the forecast period 2021-2031. The major driving factor of the market can be gauged by increasing space budgets by major countries for establishing a secure military and commercial space communication network.
Space-Based RF & Microwave Technology Market by Platform
The global space-based RF & microwave technology market has been segmented based on platforms including space-based platforms and ground-based platforms. The space-based platforms segment consisting of satellites, launch vehicles, and other man-made celestial objects like deep space probes and exploration rovers. The satellite segment within the space-based platforms is expected to dominate the global space-based RF & microwave technology market, on account of a major focus toward establishing satellite constellations for high-speed data transfer rates.
Space-Based RF & Microwave Technology Market by Application
The global space-based RF & microwave technology market has been segmented based on application, including communication, earth-observation, navigation/GPS, technology development. The communication application is expected to be the front runner in the global space-based RF & microwave technology market, mainly to cater to the rising market demand for the end user to have a stable and high-speed data connection. Furthermore, the emergence of a fifth-generation network and the approach taken by industry players to cater to end users directly instead of passing network distribution centers would drive the market and generate new opportunities.
Space-Based RF & Microwave Technology Market by End User
The global space-based RF/microwave technology market has been segmented based on end users, including government and military, logistics, media and telemetry, oil and gas, environment and monitoring. The government and military segment is estimated to dominate the global space-based RF/microwave technology market, owing to its requirement to use satellite networks for various military, surveillance, and communication activities. In addition, a secure and stable high-speed communication network is required to ensure safe operations have allowed nations to place their individual communication systems in space and establish a private network. This initiative has spurred market opportunities within the global space-based RF & microwave technology market.
Space-Based RF & Microwave Technology Market by Region
The global space-based RF & microwave technology market has been segmented based on region, including North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest-of-the-World. North America is expected to account for the highest share of the global space-based RF & microwave technology market. This is due to a significant number of companies based in the region, and increased spending by government organizations such as NASA on the procurement of RF components for space applications.
Key Market Players and Competition Synopsis
Some of the key companies operating in the market include ASELSAN A.Ş., Airbus S.A.S., General Dynamics Mission Systems, Inc., Honeywell International Inc., HUBER+SUHNER AG, Kongsberg, L3Harris Technologies, Inc., Leonardo S.p.A, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Microchip Technology Inc, Teledyne Technologies, Thales Group, and TTI Norte S.L. (TTI).
The companies that are profiled in the report have been selected post undergoing in-depth interviews with experts and understanding details around companies such as product portfolio, annual revenues, market penetration, research and development initiatives, and domestic and international presence in the space-based RF & microwave technology industry.
BIS Research is a global B2B market intelligence and advisory firm focusing on those emerging technological trends which are likely to disrupt the dynamics of the market.
With over 150 market research reports published annually, BIS Research focuses on high technology verticals such as 3D Printing, Advanced Materials and Chemicals, Aerospace and Defense, Automotive, Healthcare, Electronics and Semiconductors, Robotics and UAV, and other emerging technologies.
Our in-depth market intelligence reports focus on the market estimations, technology analysis, emerging high-growth applications, deeply segmented granular country-level market data, and other important market parameters useful in the strategic decision-making for senior management.