Crude Oil And Natural Gas Market Global Briefing 2018
Including: Crude Oil, Natural Gas
Covering: Saudi Aramco, Kuwait Petroleum Corp., Rosneft, ADNOC, Iraq Ministry of Oil, National Iranian Oil Company, Exxon Mobil Corp., Statoil, Royal Dutch Shell, BP Plc
The Business Research Company’s reports are based on the methodology below.
Our datasets are created using a wide range of proprietary and public sources including leading government bodies, associations, trade journals, market intelligence reports and trade magazines. Data is modelled based on hard data, extrapolation, regression analysis based on known macro data inputs, interpolation between hard figures, comparisons with other geographies and markets, price estimations, and qualitative inputs. Data is triangulated within our unique market data model covering an exhaustive list of 200+ markets across 12 countries and 5 regions. Comparable data is used for sanity check and trend analysis. For example our global market value data is compared to unit sales and price data for the relevant market as well as relevant macro-economic datasets in order to establish validity.
Market value is defined as the revenues earned by organizations for products and services within the specified market. The break down by geography is revenue generated within the specific industry by organizations in the specified geography, irrespective of where they are produced.
Competitor Market Share Data
The competitor market share data is intended to represent the companies that gain the most revenues from the given market and the percentage share of the market that they hold. If a company derives most of its revenues from the market, its revenues are given in full. If a large part of the company's revenues come from other markets, only the division of the company which operates in this market is included. Where accurate information is not available on the revenues a company generates from the market its market share is not included, however a profile of the company may still be included if it is a significant competitor in the market.
Analysis is drawn from our Consultants’ wide range of industry and research experience as well as public and proprietary sources. Consultants are trained in research techniques and ethics by the Market Research Society.
Verification Through Expert Interviews
Every year The Business Research Company carries out thousands of interviews with senior executives and industry experts across hundreds of markets. Through these interviews we develop our internal understanding of markets and geographies and cross reference our understanding of global markets with expert feedback utilizing ‘Delphic’ research methodologies.
The Business Research Company prides itself on the quality and validity of its data and analysis. Our unique ‘end noted’ referencing approach allows the user to trace our market numbers and analysis back to the specific data sources they were derived from.
Note on Currency Conversions –
All currency conversions are done on the basis of 2015 exchange rates.
The crude oil and natural gas extraction industry comprises establishments engaged in crude petroleum and natural gas extraction and natural gas liquid extraction. The crude oil and natural gas market in this report is segmented into crude oil extraction and natural gas extraction.
Asia Pacific was the largest region in the crude oil & natural gas market in 2017, accounting for around 34% market share. North America was the second largest region accounting for around 24% market share. Africa was the smallest region accounting for around 4% market share.
Crude Oil And Natural Gas extraction companies around the world are investing heavily in digital oilfield technology to enhance crude oil and natural gas production. Digital oil fields integrate advanced software, hardware, and data analysis techniques to collect real-time data from the oilfield. They consist of visualization, product surveillance, integrated decision making, and remote communication systems. Digital technologies in oil fields include high-performance drill bits, advanced electrical submersible pumps, and 3D seismic imaging and reservoir modelling. Oilfields digitization facilitates efficient utilization of human resources and thus optimizes the profitability of oil production. This technology is changing the competitive landscape with a fact that an increase in production efficiency by ten percentage points can yield an impact of $220 million to $260 million on the bottom-line. According to IHS CERA, digital oilfield implementation leads to increase in oil production by 2 to 8%and reduction in operating expense by 5 to 25%.
- Table 1 : Global Crude Oil And Natural Gas Market, Historic Market Size, 2013 – 2017
- Table 2 : Global Crude Oil And Natural Gas Market, Forecast Market Size, 2017 – 2021
- Table 3 : Global Crude Oil And Natural Gas Market, Split By Region, 2017
- Table 4 : Global Crude Oil And Natural Gas Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By Region, 2013-2020
- Table 5 : Global Crude Oil And Natural Gas Market, Split By Country, 2017
- Table 6 : Global Crude Oil And Natural Gas Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By Country, 2013-2021
- Table 7 : Global Crude Oil And Natural Gas Market, Key Competitor Estimated Market Shares, 2017
- Figure 1 : Global Crude Oil And Natural Gas Market, Historic Market Size, 2013 – 2017
- Figure 2 : Global Crude Oil And Natural Gas Market, Forecast Market Size, 2017 – 2021
- Figure 3 : Global Crude Oil And Natural Gas Market, Split By Region, 2017
- Figure 4 : Global Crude Oil And Natural Gas Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By Region, 2013-2021
- Figure 5 : Global Crude Oil And Natural Gas Market, Split By Country, 2017
- Figure 6 : Global Crude Oil And Natural Gas Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By Country, 2013-2021
- Figure 7 : Global Crude Oil And Natural Gas Market, Key Competitor Estimated Market Shares, 2017
The Business Research Company is a market research and intelligence company which excels in company, market and consumer research. It has over 50 research professionals at its offices in India, the UK and the US as well a network of trained researchers globally. It has specialist consultants in a wide range of industries including manufacturing, healthcare, financial services and technology.