Medical Equipment Market Global Briefing 2018
Including: Medical Equipment
Covering: Medtronic plc, Johnson & Johnson Inc., Philips Healthcare, GE Healthcare, Siemens Healthcare
The report is built on information collected through secondary sources and analysis done by The Business Research Company (TBRC). The secondary sources include the data published by statistical bodies, government agencies, market intelligence databases and annual reports. Insights on the current market scenario, historic and forecast market drivers were gathered from industry reports and news articles.
Note on Market Numbers –
Market value is defined as the revenues earned by organizations for products and services within the specified market. The break down by geography is revenue generated within the specific industry by organizations in the specified geography, irrespective of where they are produced.
Medical equipment devices are designed to aid diagnosis, monitoring or treatment of medical conditions. The medical equipment market comprises surgical and medical instruments, surgical appliances and supplies, ophthalmic goods, dental laboratories, and in vitro reagents.
Asia Pacific was the largest region in the medical equipment market in 2017, accounting for around 33% market share. North America was the second largest region accounting for around 29% market share. Africa was the smallest region accounting for around 4% market share.
Use of medical devices for the home based diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions is increasing. Technological developments in devices such as glucose monitors, insulin delivery devices, nebulizers and oxygen concentrators have enabled diagnosis and monitoring of many diseases at home. Remote control technology is also allowing healthcare professionals to support home based treatments which is leading to preference for home and self-care treatment.
- Table 1 : Global Medical Equipment Market, Historic Market Size, 2013-2017
- Table 2 : Global Medical Equipment Market, Forecast Market Size, 2017 – 2021
- Table 3 : Global Medical Equipment Market, Split By Region, 2017
- Table 4 : Global Medical Equipment Market, Historic And Forecast Growth, By Region, 2013 – 2021
- Table 5 : Global Medical Equipment Market, Split By Country, 2017
- Table 6 : Global Medical Equipment Market, Historic and Forecast Growth Rate, By Country, 2013-2021
- Table 7 : Global Medical Equipment Market, Key Competitor Shares, 2017
- Figure 1 : Global Medical Equipment Market, Historic Market Size, 2013 - 2017
- Figure 2 : Global Medical Equipment Market Forecast Market Size, 2017 - 2021
- Figure 3 : Global Medical Equipment Market, Split By Region, 2017
- Figure 4 : Global Medical Equipment Market Size, Historic and Forecast Growth, By Region, 2013-2021
- Figure 5 : Global Medical Equipment Market, Split By Country, 2017
- Figure 6 : Global Medical Equipment Market, Historic and Forecast Growth, By Country, 2013-2021
- Figure 7 : Global Medical Equipment Market, Key Competitor Shares, 2017
The Business Research Company is a market research and intelligence company which excels in company, market and consumer research. It has over 50 research professionals at its offices in India, the UK and the US as well a network of trained researchers globally. It has specialist consultants in a wide range of industries including manufacturing, healthcare, financial services and technology.