Textile Manufacturing Market Global Briefing 2018
Including: Fabrics manufacturing, Yarn, Fiber and Thread Manufacturing, Home Furnishings and Floor Coverings Manufacturing
Covering: Toray Industries Inc., Mohawk Industries, Indorama Corporation Pte. Ltd., Beaulieu International Group, Weiqiao Textile Company Limited
The Business Research Company’s reports are based on the methodology below.
Our datasets are created using a wide range of proprietary and public sources including leading government bodies, associations, trade journals, market intelligence reports and trade magazines. Data is modelled based on hard data, extrapolation, regression analysis based on known macro data inputs, interpolation between hard figures, comparisons with other geographies and markets, price estimations, and qualitative inputs. Data is triangulated within our unique market data model covering an exhaustive list of 200+ markets across 12 countries and 5 regions. Comparable data is used for sanity check and trend analysis. For example our global market value data is compared to unit sales and price data for the relevant market as well as relevant macro-economic datasets in order to establish validity.
Analysis is drawn from our Consultants’ wide range of industry and research experience as well as public and proprietary sources. Consultants are trained in research techniques and ethics by the Market Research Society.
Verification Through Expert Interviews
Every year The Business Research Company carries out thousands of interviews with senior executives and industry experts across hundreds of markets. Through these interviews we develop our internal understanding of markets and geographies and cross reference our understanding of global markets with expert feedback utilizing ‘Delphic’ research methodologies.
The Business Research Company prides itself on the quality and validity of its data and analysis. Our unique ‘end noted’ referencing approach allows the user to trace our market numbers and analysis back to the specific data sources they were derived from
Competitor Market Share Data
The competitor market share data is intended to represent the companies that gain the most revenues from the given market and the percentage share of the market that they hold. If a company derives most of its revenues from the market, its revenues are given in full. If a large part of the company's revenues come from other markets, only the division of the company which operates in this market is included. Where accurate information is not available on the revenues a company generates from the market its market share is not included, however a profile of the company may still be included if it is a significant competitor in the market.
The textile industry comprises establishments that manufacture fiber, yarn, threads, carpets, rugs, linens and other textile products. This industry also comprise establishments engaged in processing fiber, yarn and fabric to produce finished products.
Asia Pacific was the largest region in the textiles manufacturing market in 2017, accounting for around 68% market share. This is largely due to the presence of many fabrics, apparels manufacturing and home furnishings facilities in the region. North America was the second largest region accounting for around 9% market share. Eastern Europe was the smallest region accounting for around 3% market share.
The textile industry has been shifting from labor intensive manufacturing processes to automated production facilities. Automation has enabled textile manufacturing companies to enhance productivity and reduce production costs. According to a report by Boston Consulting Group (BCG) in 2015, 1.2 million industrial robots are expected to be deployed by 2025 , thus indicating increased automation and robotics technology adoption. For instance, Software Automation Inc. introduced a new approach to sewing automation. The company implemented computer vision systems to eliminate fabric distortion issues where a camera is used to track stitching at needle and also coordinates the movement of the fabric using light weight robots.
- Table 1 : Global Textile Manufacturing Market, Historic Market Size, 2013-2017
- Table 2 : Global Textile Manufacturing Market, Forecast Market Size, 2017-2021
- Table 3 : Global Textile Manufacturing Market, Split By Regions, 2017
- Table 4 : Global Textile Manufacturing Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By Region, 2013 – 2021
- Table 5 : Global Textile Manufacturing Market, Split By Country, 2017
- Table 6 : Global Textile Manufacturing Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By Country, 2013 – 2021
- Table 7 : Global Textile Manufacturing Market, Key Competitor Estimated Market Shares, 2017
- Figure 1 : Global Textile Manufacturing Market, Historic Market Size, 2013-2017
- Figure 2 : Global Textile Manufacturing Market, Forecast Market Size, 2017-2021
- Figure 3 : Global Textile Manufacturing Market, Split By Regions, 2017
- Figure 4 : Global Textile Manufacturing Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By Region, 2013 – 2021
- Figure 5 : Global Textile Manufacturing Market, Split By Country, 2017
- Figure 6 : Global Textile Manufacturing Market, Historic And Forecast Growth Rate, By Country, 2013 – 2021
- Figure 7 : Global Textile Manufacturing Market, Key Competitor Estimated Market Shares, 2017
The Business Research Company is a market research and intelligence company which excels in company, market and consumer research. It has over 50 research professionals at its offices in India, the UK and the US as well a network of trained researchers globally. It has specialist consultants in a wide range of industries including manufacturing, healthcare, financial services and technology.