3D Printed Technical Ceramics: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for 3D printing of technical ceramics reached $118 million and $142 million in 2015 and 2016, respectively. This market is expected to increase from $174 million in 2017 to $544 million in 2022 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 25.6% for 2017-2022.
- An overview of the global market for 3D printed technical ceramics.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2015 and 2016, estimates for 2017, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2022.
- Evaluation of the market on the basis of product category, application, and region.
- A technological review of 3D printed technical ceramics, including material types, fabrication technologies, and characteristics of formed products.
- Presentation of market growth trends based on industry growth, technological trends, and regional trends.
- Listing of significant patents recently issued or applied pertaining to 3D printed technical ceramics
- Profiles of main industry players and their products.
This report provides an updated review of 3D printed technical ceramics and their fabrication processes, and identifies current and emerging applications for these technologies.
BCC Research delineates the current market status for 3DP-TC, defines trends and presents growth forecasts for the next five years. The 3DP-TC market is analyzed based on the following segments: product type, material, technology, application and region. In addition, technological issues, including key events and the latest process developments, are discussed.
More specifically, the market analysis conducted by BCC Research for this report is divided into five sections.
In the first section, an introduction to the topic and a historical review of ceramic 3D printing are provided, including an outline of recent events. In this section, current and emerging applications for 3D printed technical ceramics are also identified and grouped in segments (electrical and electronics, optical and optoelectronics, mechanical/chemical, energy and life science).
The second section provides a technological review of 3D printed technical ceramics. This section offers a revised and detailed description of various ceramic 3D printing processes; advantages and disadvantages of each method; typical materials for 3DP-TC; and new and emerging fabrication processes. This section concludes with an analysis of the most important technological developments since 2014, including examples of significant patents recently issued or applied for, as well as highlighting the most active research organizations operating in this field.
The third section entails a global market analysis for 3DP-TC. Global revenues (sales data in millions of dollars) are presented for each segment (product type, material, technology, application and region), with actual data referring to the years 2015 and 2016, and estimates for 2017.
The analysis of current revenues for 3DP-TC is followed by a detailed presentation of market growth trends, based on industry growth, technological trends and regional trends. The third section concludes by providing projected revenues for 3DP-TC within each segment, together with forecast compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) for the period of 2017 through 2022.
In the fourth section of the study, which covers global industry structure, the report offers a list of the leading suppliers of equipment, materials and services for 3DP-TC, together with a description of their products. The analysis includes a description of the geographical distribution of these firms and an evaluation of other key industry players. Profiles of the top players are also provided.
The fifth and final section includes an analysis of recently issued U.S. patents, with a summary of patents related to fabrication methods for 3DP-TC, equipment and applications. Patent analysis is performed by region, country, assignee, patent category, application and process type.
Margareth Gagliardi has extensive experience in the field of advanced materials, specializing in ceramic formulations, materials processing, and new product development. For more than 20 years, she has held management positions in both manufacturing and R&D within U.S. and European firms producing electronic, mechanical, chemical and structural components. She currently works as a consultant serving a variety of organizations and research institutions. She holds a B.S. in Chemical Engineering and an M.S. in Ceramic Engineering.
- Strategies for Colloidal Stabilization of Nanoparticles for Life Science (BIO189A)
- Global Markets and Technologies for Nanofiltration (NAN045C)
- Nanotextiles: Opportunities and Global Markets (AVM183A)
- Global Markets for Roll-to-Roll Technologies for Flexible Devices (SMC082C)
- Neurophotonics: Global Markets and Technologies to 2023 (PHO031A)