Ultrafiltration Membranes: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for UF membranes has grown to nearly $3.3 billion in 2016 from $3.1 billion in 2015. The market is expected to grow at a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.9% from 2016 to 2021, increasing to nearly $4.6 billion in 2021.
- An overview of the markets and technologies for ultrafiltration membranes.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2015, estimates for 2016, and projections of CAGRs through 2021.
- An in-depth analysis of the technical and market drivers relating to the market for ultrafiltration (UF) membrane products.
- Evaluation of the current worth of UF modules, cassettes, dialyzers, and other devices by application.
- Discussion covering industry structure and dynamics, along with technological developments.
- Information on major applications of the technology: food and beverage processing, biopharmaceuticals manufacture, hemodialysis, potable water production, wastewater treatment and industrial processes.
- Profiles of major players in the industry along with a competitive analysis.
SCOPE OF REPORT
This report presents the forecast for ultrafiltration membrane technologies for 2016 through 2021 on a volume and value basis. Value is measured in millions of U.S. dollars, unadjusted for inflation, while volume is measure in thousand square feet area units. These forecasts are further broken down by end applications. Individual end-applications are further broken down by membrane material and by geographical region. Estimated values used are based on manufacturers' revenues.
The end-user application breakdown includes:
- Industrial processes.
- Food and beverage.
- Potable water.
The report covers the following membrane material:
- Ceramic and others.
The regional breakdown focuses on the following geographical areas:
- North America.
- Asia-Pacific (APAC).
- Rest of the world (RoW).
Chapter Two, “Executive Summary,” provides a broad level breakdown of the dollar sales of UF membrane technology, by end-use application.
Chapter Three, “Overview of Ultrafiltration Membrane Technology,” defines the relevant terms, describes the evolution of ultrafiltration and provides a broad level overview of membrane materials, geographical regions and end-use applications.
Chapter Four, “Global Markets for Individual End-use Applications,” provides a qualitative and quantitative threadbare analysis of individual end-use application markets and their prospects.
Chapter Five, “Stakeholder Analysis,” defines and explains stakeholder categories, and profiles the leading companies in the UF membrane industry.
Chapter Six, “U.S. Patent Analysis,” analyzes relevant patents by categories, allottees, countries and duration.
Shalini R. has authored numerous market research publications on a variety of advanced materials topics. She holds a Bachelor of Engineering degree in Electronics and Telecommunications from Kumaraguru College of Technology in Coimbatore, India, as well as a Master of Science degree in Telecommunications and Software Engineering from the Illinois Institute of Technology in Chicago.
- The U.S. market for ultrafiltration technologies was worth $882 million in 2009 and will reach $932 million by the end of 2010. By 2015, the market is estimated to be valued at $1.2 billion, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.7%.
- Hemodialysis is the largest ultrafiltration application market, with 52% market share in 2010. The market for hemodialyzers will reach $485 million by the end of 2010 and $626 million by 2015, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.2%.
- The biotechnology sector is expected to continue growing robustly over the next 5 years. The market for UF products used in biotech research, biopharmaceuticals processing, and compendial water production is worth approximately $80 million in 2010. Growth in the market from 2010 to 2015 is forecast to rise at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.2%, for a value of $130 million.
- The total U.S. market value for ultrafiltration membranes was worth $579 million in 2005 and $635 million in 2006. At a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.4%, this market will reach $908 million by 2011.
- Broken down between bioseparations/medical and municipal/industrial applications, the market remains largely split down the middle throughout the forecast period. Bioseparations will grow slightly to 52% of the total market value throughout the forecast period, while municipal/industrial applications will drop slightly to 47%
- Bioseparation/medical applications have the highest CAGR throughout the forecast period. In 2006 this sector of the market was worth $324 million and will grow to $476 million by 2011, a CAGR of 8.0%.
The market for ultrafiltration will rise at an average annual growth rate (AAGR) of 9.7% from $458 million in 2002 to $727 million in 2007.
Profitable new applications are developing in separations needed for neutraceuticals manufacture, a rapidly growing sector.
The phase-out of reusable dialyzers, increased use of more expensive synthetic membranes and an expanding patient population should continue to grow the dialysis market.
Potable water production potentially is a very large market for UF membranes Municipal wastewater recycling, using UF, is gaining attention for nonpotable reuse in irrigation and groundwater recharge; the notion that treated wastewater can be recycled as potable also is advancing.
When do I get the report?
Most reports are fulfilled immediately. In some cases, it could take up to 24 hours.
In what format does this report get delivered to me?
We will send you an email with login credentials to access the report. You will also be able to download the pdf.
What are the free reports included in my purchase?
They consist of a collection of current reports from various partner publishers scanning multiple industries.
What is the difference between BCC Research and BCC Publishing?
BCC Research curates thousands of reports from different sources and provides access to this content to our clients. BCC Publishing is the publication arm of BCC Research (one of several publishers in our portal).
What reports do I get 'discounts' on with my purchase?
All reports. BCC Publishing reports will be available for a 50% discount. All other partner publishers are also available at deeply discounted rates.
Where are you located?
Wellesley Massachusetts, just outside of Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
How long has BCC Research been around?
We are approaching our 50 year anniversary in 2021!
What if I want you to invoice me for payment via Purchase Order?
Simply choose Pay by Purchase Order when you are checking out. We will connect with you via email to set up your order.
What if I have a question about your reports?
Call us, email us, or chat with us! We encourage your questions and feedback. We have a research concierge team available at all times, and included in every purchase, to help our customers find the research they need-when they need it.
Can I share this report with my team?
Absolutely yes, with the purchase of additional user licenses.
Can I use your research in my presentation?
Absolutely yes, so long as the publisher is properly cited.