Metal Matrix Composites: The Global Market
The global metal matrix composites market should reach $431.1 million by 2020 from $326.9 million in 2015 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.7% from 2015 to 2020.
- A detailed and comprehensive multi-client study of the global market for metal matrix composites (MMCs) as well as potential business opportunities in the future
- Analyses of global market trends, with data for 2014, estimates for 2015, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2020
- Coverage of the underlying business issues driving the MMC market, as well as assessments of new and potential products that companies are developing
- A review of MMC development and the overall composites marketplace
- A look at processing technology trends and secondary processing and fabrication methods as well as a detailed assessment of markets and product applications
- Coverage of end-use applications including ground transportation, electronics, commercial and defense aerospace, industrial and defense, and recreational equipment
- Detailed analyses of market growth, materials, production, status of commercial development, barriers to entry, and market leaders
The scope of this report is comprehensive, covering the present status of and future prospects for MMCs in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America and the rest of the world (ROW). Basically, the scope of this report includes diverse metals such as aluminum, nickel, and refractory. These are analyzed in detail as well as technology developments, market conditions and opportunities, and five-year forecasts. The role of new technologies is reviewed. This BCC study analyzes the current global market in detail and identifies the most promising market opportunities. The ultimate end-use markets: ground transportation, aircraft industry, space and defense systems, nuclear energy, consumer electronics and others are examined in detail, as is the global market for MMC systems.
It was the intent of this study to explore new market opportunities for reinforced metals and alloys that have more recently entered into commercial production.
In order to generate the information necessary to construct a reasonable future market for MMCs, it is necessary to undertake an examination of the advantages and disadvantages of the various types of materials and technologies. In addition to various MMCs, it also covers the many issues concerning the merits and future prospects of the business. The report provides a review of the MMCs industry and its structure, and the many companies involved in providing these materials and technologies. The competitive landscape of the main players in the market is also discussed.
The values presented in the forecast tables represent the value (in millions of dollars) and volume (in thousand tons) of the sales of MMCs to the end-use product market worldwide. All growth rates mentioned in the tables and in the text are based on the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2015 through the year 2020. The compounding method of calculating growth rates is used.
The author, Karen Shah, has 10 years of experience in industry research and market sizing, primarily in the manufacturing, industrial, pharmaceuticals and financial sectors.
- The global market for metal matrix composites consumed 4.1 million kilograms of materials in 2007 and 4.4 million kilograms in 2008. This is expected to increase to 5.9 million in 2013, for a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.9%.
- The ground transportation segment has the largest share of the market and used 2.4 million kilograms of materials in 2008. This should reach 3.2 million kilograms in 2013, for a CAGR of 5.5%.
- Electronics/thermal management applications have the second largest market share and used 1.4 million kilograms of MMCs in 2007. This increased to 1.5 million kilograms in 2008 and is expected to increase at a CAGR of 6.5% to reach 2.1 million kilograms in 2013.
The overall metal matrix composite (MMC) market will rise at an average annual growth rate (AAGR) of 6.3% through 2010 to 4.9 million kg.
This growth represents an acceleration from that experienced between 1999 and 2004.
The industry is relatively small, with only $185 million in global revenues and consisting of less than 100 companies competing at varying levels, but most of which are specialized.
Geographically, the most rapid growth in MMC consumption will occur in China.
Both electronics/thermal management and industrial MMC markets will experience the strongest growth.
Supported in large part by a number of medium- to high-volume automotive applications for metal matrix composites (MMCs) and the production of value-added composite parts to dissipate heat from high-power semiconductor devices, the 1999 world market for MMCs reached 2.5 million kg valued at $103 million. BCC projects that the total world market for MMCs will rise to 4.9 million kg, valued at $173 million during the next five years, corresponding to a 14.1% average annual growth rate (AAGR) from 1999 through 2004.The ground transportation market segment consumed, by far, the largest volume of MMCs in 1999. By 2004, the ground transportation market will be even further ahead with a full 70.3% (3.4 million kg) of the market, due primarily to increasing incorporation of MMC components into specialty lightweight/high fuel efficiency vehicles.BCC expects the industrial market segment to increase at an 11.2% AAGR during the next five years, reaching 130 thousand kilograms in 2004, or 2.7% of the total market.
When do I get the report?
Most reports are fulfilled immediately. In some cases, it could take up to 24 hours.
In what format does this report get delivered to me?
We will send you an email with login credentials to access the report. You will also be able to download the pdf.
What are the free reports included in my purchase?
They consist of a collection of current reports from various partner publishers scanning multiple industries.
What is the difference between BCC Research and BCC Publishing?
BCC Research curates thousands of reports from different sources and provides access to this content to our clients. BCC Publishing is the publication arm of BCC Research (one of several publishers in our portal).
What reports do I get 'discounts' on with my purchase?
All reports. BCC Publishing reports will be available for a 50% discount. All other partner publishers are also available at deeply discounted rates.
Where are you located?
Wellesley Massachusetts, just outside of Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
How long has BCC Research been around?
We are approaching our 50 year anniversary in 2021!
What if I want you to invoice me for payment via Purchase Order?
Simply choose Pay by Purchase Order when you are checking out. We will connect with you via email to set up your order.
What if I have a question about your reports?
Call us, email us, or chat with us! We encourage your questions and feedback. We have a research concierge team available at all times, and included in every purchase, to help our customers find the research they need-when they need it.
Can I share this report with my team?
Absolutely yes, with the purchase of additional user licenses.
Can I use your research in my presentation?
Absolutely yes, so long as the publisher is properly cited.