Tactile and Dimensional Printing: Global Markets to 2022
The global market for tactile printing reached nearly $1.1 billion in 2016. This market is estimated to reach $1.9 billion in 2022 from $1.2 billion in 2017 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.3% for 2017-2022.
- 56 data tables and 6 additional tables
- An overview of the global market for tactile printing
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2016, estimates for 2017, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2022
- Analyses of the market by application, by technology type, by end users, and by region.
- Discussion of different tactile printing technologies, along with the advantages and disadvantages of each
- Distribution of patent activity relating to tactile printing
- Current and upcoming government regulations relating to both security and accessibility for the visually impaired
- Profiles of companies involved or potentially involved in tactile printing
This report considers commercial- and industrial-scale tactile printing equipment, as relevant to applications that include printing of packages, labels, currency, security documents and accessibility for the blind and visually impaired, including both braille and tactile graphics. For a detailed list of segments and breakdowns included in the scope of this report, please refer to the bullet lists below, near the end of this chapter. This report reviews and considers relevant and applicable technologies, references regulations to the extent that they drive or interfere with tactile printing market development, summarizes market developments, identifies industry trends and their influence on markets, provides a summary of relevant industry organizations and their function, provides a detailed patent analysis and provides insights and key information to support business- and investment-related strategy decisions. Note that this report does not consider small-scale consumer products such as handheld or manual embossing presses. Estimated values used are based on manufacturers’ total revenues. Projected and forecasted revenue values are in constant U.S. dollars, unadjusted for inflation.
Robert Eckard, PhD, has 15 years of experience working in the cleantech, clean transportation, clean/smart cities, advanced fuels, water and energy sectors. Having completed his dissertation at the University of California at Davis, Robert also runs a specialty industry research and technical consulting company, with an emphasis on energy, water and climate-oriented sectors, including those segments relevant to this study. Robert specializes in commercialization, data-based economic analysis, market development and penetration, environmental analysis and technical energy, environmental and market studies for Fortune 500, Global 1000 and promising startups, as well as state and local governments, other consultants and industry organizations throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, the Middle East, Southeast Asia and Australia. He worked as a subcontractor under the U.S. Department of Energy providing evaluations of a wide array of industrial technologies, systems and related supply markets. He helped to successfully develop new markets in the U.S. and abroad, identify target niches and support highly successful business strategy development. Previously, he produced reports for BCC Research on global markets pertaining to energy, industry, energy efficiency, water and industrial, durable goods and related categories and technologies. Robert works directly in the industries that he analyzes and has successfully secured over $225 million in fund development for specific projects and technologies in the last six years.
- Sustainable Erosion Control, Sediment Management, and Stabilization: Global Markets (MST076A)
- Climate Resilient Cities: Resilient Building Design and Planning (ENV050A)
- Nuclear Plant Operations, Nuclear Fuel, and Nuclear Instrumentation: Global Markets (EGY172A)
- Global Markets for Emerging Materials in Aerospace (AVM192A)
- Transparent Rigid Plastics: Technologies and Opportunities (PLS103A)