Biomarkers: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for biomarkers should grow from $78.9 billion in 2018 to $136.5 billion by 2023 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.6% from 2018 through 2023.
- 70 data tables and 42 additional tables
- Industry analysis of the global biomarkers market
- Country specific data and analysis for United States, Canada, Mexico, France, Germany, U.K., China, India, Japan, Middle East and Africa
- Characterization and quantification of the market potential for biomarkers by segment, product type, therapeutic area and geographical region
- Encompassing details of major types of biomarkers and their use in clinical and research applications
- Examination of regional market dynamics with a focus on regulatory development, key technology updates and major drivers impacting the global market
- Assessment of the leading biotechnology companies poised to introduce products during the forecast period, and their impact on the face of the competitive environment
- Detailed profiles of the leading biomarkers' manufacturers, including Abbott Laboratories, Bayer Group, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Eli Lilly and Co., GlaxoSmithKline and Novartis AG
Current and projected biomarker market forecasts for the forecast period 2018 to 2023 are discussed. Products approved in the last three years by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and products expected to be approved within the forecast period are projected. Due to the timing of this report, 2018 figures are estimated except where actual results have been reported.
This report includes an analysis of the leading and emerging competitors in the current worldwide biomarkers market. Profiles of manufacturers of leading products as well as biotechnology companies with novel products in development are analyzed to define specific product strategies that were employed. This report also assesses companies poised to introduce products during the forecast period and discusses how these introductions will change the face of the competitive environment. The competitive environment is examined with a special focus on how new products and technologies are influencing the current standard of care. Detailed profiles of the current market leaders, as well as companies with innovative products poised to advance within forecast period, are discussed.
In this report, market size and forecasts by segment, type, therapeutic area and geography from 2018 through 2023 have been provided. The study is arranged to offer an overview of the biomarkers market accompanied by product, company, geographic region or country. Virtually the entire globe is covered to include prevalent data for each disease subsegment. The report encompasses the use of major types of biomarkers for clinical and research applications. In addition, major applications that are being commercialized and developed by a wide range of companies, especially for drug discovery and development processes, are also considered. The application of biomarkers in the field of diagnostics and therapeutics for major indications such as cancer, immunological disorders, neurological disorders and others are also discussed.
Excluded from this report are over-the-counter (OTC) medications and other consumables that do not require a physician’s prescription.
Sales figures are reported in U.S. dollars and in each case reflect currency fluctuations within the performance of revenue change. Revenue figures do not account for variation in local currencies.
All market share data are presented on a global basis unless specifically noted.
Led by Research Head Karthik Arun, the BCC Research Staff comprises expert analysts skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and who have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery.
The global biomarkers market is expected to grow from $29.3 billion in 2013 to $53.6 billion in 2018, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.8%.
- An overview of the global market for biomarkers.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012 and 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018.
- Assessments of companies poised to introduce products during the forecast period and discussion on how these introductions will change the face of the competitive environment.
- A range of information from detailed product analyses within disease subsegments to overall industry trends.
- A look at how market growth is expected in emerging geographies, driven by the growing middle class in emerging countries such as India, China, Brazil, and Russia.
- Comprehensive profiles of manufacturers of leading products as well as biotechnology companies with novel products in development.
In 2010, the total global market for biomarkers was an estimated $13.5 billion and is expected to grow to nearly $33.3 billion by the end of 2015 at a 5-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 19.8%.
The global market for biomarkers increased from $4.8 billion in 2006 to an estimated $5.6 billion by the end of 2007. It should reach $12.8 billion by 2012, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 18%.
Global revenues for biomarker discovery technologies tailored to drug discovery, preclinical studies of drug development and diagnostics research applications accounted for 47.9% of the total market in 2007. Their value is projected to grow at a CAGR of 16.9% and is expected to reach a little less than $6 billion in 2012.
The use of biomarkers in oncology therapeutics is likely to be one of the foremost priorities in clinical trials in the next 3 to 7 years followed by cardiovascular applications.