DNA Data Storage: Global Markets and Technologies
The global market for DNA data storage should grow from $36.4 million in 2020 to $525.3 million by 2025 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 70.6% for the period of 2020-2025.
- 40 tables
- An overview of the global markets and technologies for DNA data storage
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2019, estimates for 2020, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2025
- Description of DNA data storage technologies; DNA sequencing (read) and synthesis (write) technologies; industry structure; large-scale DNA read, write and storage initiatives and population-scale sequencing projects
- Details about components, deployment technologies and applications of DNA data storage
- Identification of market drivers, restraints and other forces impacting the global market and evaluation of current market size, and market forecast of the DNA data storage markets
- A look at the key industry acquisitions, strategic alliances and market share analysis of the leading suppliers of the industry
- Comprehensive profiles of major players in the industry, including Agilent Technologies Inc., Sigma Aldrich Corp., Generay Biotech Co. Ltd., Omega Bio-Tek Inc., Illumina Inc. and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
The scope of the report includes DNA data storage technologies, applications, industries, initiatives, patents and companies. The markets for DNA data storage products and services are given for the years 2019, 2020 and 2025 (forecast).
This report reviews the DNA data storage technologies, including DNA read and write technologies. It then discusses significant large-scale research initiatives that impact DNA storage, read and write applications. The main market driving forces for DNA data storage products and services are discussed.
The report quantifies each of the main market segments for DNA data storage according to the following segments: by type (commercial, research & prototyping); by deployment (cloud, on-premise); by application (archival, quality control, research & prototyping); by end user (banking, financial services & insurance; government & defense; healthcare & pharma; media & entertainment; and other); by sequencing platform (next-generation sequencing, nanopore sequencing); by synthesis platform (chemical-column based; chemical-microchip based; enzymatic); and by geography (Asia-Pacific, Europe, North America and Rest of the World).
The report also include profiles of the key companies in the DNA data storage industry. In addition, BCC Research provides a summary of the main industry acquisitions and strategic alliances from January 2019 through December 2020, including key alliance trends.
John Bergin has produced successful and highly regarded market research reports in the life science industry for BCC research for more than 10 years. Mr. Bergin has held business development and international sales and marketing positions with Corning Inc., an advanced materials company. He has also held executive management positions with IBC Advanced Technologies, a molecular recognition company specializing in separations. Mr. Bergin's extensive expertise in commercializing new technologies is reflected in his market research reports.
Mr. Bergin received a BS degree in Chemistry and Masters of Business Administration (MBA) degree from Brigham Young University and an MS degree in biotechnology from Johns Hopkins University. John Bergin is a pseudonym of the author.