Life Science Tools and Reagents: Global Markets
The global market for life science tools and reagents reached $47.8 billion in 2012. This figure is expected to increase to $51.3 billion in 2013 and $77.6 billion in 2018, with a projected five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.6%.
- An overview of the global market for life science tools and reagents.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018.
- Identification of existing products as well as new potential markets for novel products and assay development.
- Discussion of how scientific trends, government policies, and the economy in general affect this industrial market as compared to pharmaceutical and drug discovery ventures; for example, the launches of new reagents or products is not affected by strict FDA guidelines.
- Examination of drivers and challenges in each segment of the industry.
- Patent analysis.
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players in the market.
The scope of this study encompasses tools and reagents in the life sciences for pharmaceutical and biotechnology markets. BCC Research analyzes each market and its applications, regulatory environment, technology, market projections and market shares. Technological issues include the latest trends and developments. The emerging market for life science tools and reagents includes countries such as India, China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Canada, Africa, Australia, New Zealand, etc.
Shalini Shahani Dewan focuses on pharmaceuticals and biotechnology and has been a BCC Research contributor since 2002 as both an analyst and project manager. She has explored a wide range of topics and companies, including working for Johnson & Johnson doing market surveillance. She has an undergraduate degree in pharmacy and master's degree in medicinal chemistry. She resides in the Bay Area.
The life science tools market has shown steady growth over the last couple of years despite the economic downturn. This market is currently valued at more than $42 billion and is projected to increase at compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.6% to reach approximately $81 billion in 2016.