Next Generation Sequencing: Emerging Clinical Applications and Global Markets
The next generation sequencing market reached $231.7 million in 2012. The market is expected to reach $510.7 million in 2013 and $7.6 billion in 2018 for a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 71.6%.
- An overview of the global market for next-generation sequencing and its emerging clinical applications
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018
- Examination of the sequencing industry structure for the key market segments, as well as strategic alliances and acquisitions, as well as evaluations of sequencing patents
- Discussion of the strategies of the main companies in the market
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players in the field
The scope of the report includes clinical NGS technologies, applications, industries, initiatives, patents and companies. The markets for NGS-based diagnostics are given for the years 2012, 2013 and 2018.
This report reviews the main sequencing technologies and explains why genetic variation is important in clinical testing. It then discusses some of the top research initiatives that are contributing to clinical NGS applications. Market driving forces are also discussed.
The report examines the markets by test complexity, indication and test purpose. Test complexity refers to the multiplexing (e.g., the number of genes covered) and coverage (e.g., the extent to which the genome is covered) of the test. Examining the market by test complexity provides valuable insight into which products (e.g., sample preparation, NGS instrument, informatics) will be in demand in the future.
The report provides market data and forecasts for NGS diagnostics by specific applications, including those for cancer, rare diseases, common diseases, and pre- and post-natal screening.
Specific geographic markets are discussed, including North America, Europe, China, Japan and the rest of the world.
Market data covers the years 2012, 2013 and 2018.
Industry sectors analyzed include NGS instruments, target enrichment, informatics, clinical laboratories and the prenatal screening industry.
More than 110 companies in the clinical NGS industry are profiled in this report.
BCC Research provides a summary of the main industry acquisitions and strategic alliances from 2011 through 2013, including key alliance trends.
John Bergin has held business development, sales and marketing positions with a Fortune 500 advanced materials company, as well as executive management positions with a nanotechnology/separations company. Bergin holds a B.S. degree in Chemistry, an M.S. degree in Biotechnology and a Master of Business Administration. John Bergin is a pseudonym of the author.
- Synthetic Biology: Global Markets (BIO066F)
- Global DNA Read, Write and Edit Market (BIO193A)
- Global DNA Sequencing: Research, Applied and Clinical Markets (BIO045G)
- Liquid Biopsy Research Tools, Services and Diagnostics: Global Markets (BIO150C)
- Genetic Modification Therapies Clinical Applications: Gene Therapies, Genetically Modified Cell Therapies, RNA Therapies and Gene Editing (BIO159A)