Global Markets and Manufacturing Technologies for Protein Drugs -- Focus on Peptide Hormones and Therapeutic Enzymes
- An overview of the markets for major classes of protein with a focus on peptide hormones and therapeutic enzymes.
- Analyses of market trends, with data from 2011 and 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) for the period 2013 to 2018.
- Examinations of current successes, including size and sales forecasts for this segment over the next five years.
- Discussion of the regulatory environment, technological developments and their related strengths and weaknesses, as well as discussion on growing competition and changing customer needs.
The objective of BCC in conducting this study is to provide an overview of the current and future characteristics of the global market for protein drugs/therapeutics. The key objective is to present a comprehensive analysis and future direction of protein drugs as an important tool in the treatment of various diseases.
This report explores present and future strategies within the protein therapeutics market, which includes peptide hormones, therapeutic enzymes, cytokines, monoclonal antibodies, blood factors, vaccines and peptide antibodies. The improvisation of the market, the setbacks and the needs of the market are discussed in this report. The classifications, manufacturing processes and usage of protein drugs are also portrayed.
A detailed analysis of protein therapeutics industry structure has been conducted. Revenues are broken down by region, by type and by manufacturing method. Sales figures are given for 2011, 2012 and estimated for the five-year period from 2013 through 2018.
The report also covers significant patents and their allotments in each category.
REASONS FOR DOING THIS STUDY
Widespread research in the field of protein therapeutics has discovered specific functionality that provides therapeutic treatments for various diseases.
R&D spending, along with increasing competition, patent expiries and new technologies are providing a new direction. New advancements, new product launches and a changing lifestyle have caused the market to grow in the foreseeable future. This study looks at almost all the systems affected by these factors.
Acquisition strategies and collaborations by companies are also covered in this report. This study also discusses the strength and weaknesses of each type of technology in light of the new technologies, growing competition, and changing customer needs.
This study contributes to the areas of market growth in protein therapeutics manufacturers and users. Pharmaceutical biotechnical companies, research institutes, and physicians will find this study to be of interest.
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this study encompasses protein therapeutics in pharmaceutical and biotechnology markets. BCC Research analyzes each market and its applications, regulatory environment, technology, market projections, and market shares. Technological issues include the latest trends and developments. The emerging market for enzyme inhibitors includes countries like India, China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Africa, Australia, New Zealand, etc.
Both primary and secondary research methodologies were used in preparing this study. BCC Research conducted a comprehensive literature search, which included technical newsletters and journals, and many other sources. Data were collected through interviews and correspondence with manufacturers of enzyme inhibitors and technical experts. Projections were based on estimates such as the current number of end users, potential end users, mergers and acquisitions, and market trends.
Many companies were surveyed to obtain data for this study. Included were manufacturers and end users of kinase inhibitors in therapeutic categories and various disease sectors industries. Data were gathered from various industry sources. BCC Research spoke with officials within the industry, consulted newsletters, company literature, product literature, and a host of technical articles, journals, indexes, and abstracts. Exhaustive investigations of databases by key terminology were completed. In addition, data were compiled from current financial, trade, and government sources.
BCC ONLINE SERVICES
Now you can locate the hard-to-find information you need on the Internet’s World Wide Web. By directing your browser to BCC Research’s new “home page,” you will be able to do the following:
- Examine the complete BCC Research catalog of market research reports and place direct orders.
- Read announcements of recently published reports.
- Register for its well-known conferences.
- Request additional information on any BCC research product.
- Take advantage of special offers.
The information developed in this report is intended to be as reliable as possible at the time of publication and of a professional nature. This information does not constitute managerial, legal, or accounting advice; nor should it serve as a corporate policy guide, laboratory manual, or an endorsement of any product, as much of the information is speculative in nature. BCC Research and the author assume no responsibility for any loss or damage that might result from reliance on the report information or from its use.
Shalini Shahani Dewan focuses on pharmaceuticals and biotechnology and has been a BCC Research contributor since 2002 as both an analyst and project manager. She has explored a wide range of topics and companies, including working for Johnson & Johnson doing market surveillance. She has an undergraduate degree in pharmacy and master's degree in medicinal chemistry. She resides in the Bay Area.
- Global Markets for CT Scanners (HLC024B)
- Technologies for Long-term Care and Home Healthcare: Global Markets (HLC079D)
- Renal Dialysis Equipment: Technologies and Global Markets (HLC164B)
- Fluoroscopy and C-arms: Technologies and Global Markets (HLC148B)
- Global Markets for Contract Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Research and Packaging (PHM043G)