RNAi Drug Delivery: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for RNAi drug delivery technologies reached nearly $9.3 billion in 2012 and nearly $11.7 billion in 2013. This market is expected to grow to $38.8 billion in 2018, with a compound annual growth rate(CAGR) of 27.2% from 2013 to 2018.
- An overview of the global market for RNA interference (RNAi) in major therapeutic and drug delivery areas.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018.
- Details on application areas including infectious diseases, cancer, inflammation/immune dysfunction, central nervous system (CNS) disorders, and cardiology/metabolism.
- Identification of the driving factors for demand in the market
- Discussion of emerging technologies.
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players in the industry.
The latest trends in RNAi therapeutics are examined, focusing on the main areas of clinical need, general/proprietary technologies, and company pipelines, and the activities and strategies of RNAi-based developers are profiled. This report also provides forecasts for market growth to 2018 across major RNAi market segments. This report provides an in-depth assessment of recent progress and future opportunities for RNAi players in major therapeutic areas.
Usha Nagavarapu is an experienced pharmaceutical professional with business development experience. She has more than 10 years of preclinical, alliance management, discovery, and technology development marketing experience. Her strong focus areas include oncology and cardiovascular diseases, with expertise in molecular and cell biology and complex cell-based biological assays ranging from drug discovery, in vitro and in vivo screening, in vivo model development, and pharmacokinetics. She has experience working with early start-ups.
The global RNAi drug delivery market was worth $7 billion in 2010 and is expected to grow to nearly $24.1 billion by 2015 at a 5-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 27.9%.