Antiseptics and Disinfectants: Global Markets to 2022
The global market for antiseptics and disinfectants reached $6.4 billion and $6.7 billion in 2015 and 2016, respectively. This market is estimated to reach $9.1 billion in 2022 from nearly $7.1 billion in 2017 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.2% for 2017-2022.
- 39 data tables and 15 additional tables
- An overview of the current and future characteristics of the global market for antiseptics and disinfectants
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2015 and 2016, estimates for 2017, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2022
- Coverage of categories of antiseptics and disinfectants, such as biguanides and amidines, phenol and derivatives, iodine products, quaternary ammonium compounds, silver compounds, aldehydes, alcohols, and oxidizing agents
- A look at major changes in market behavior, such as acquisitions, mergers, and alliances by companies and global organizations
- Profiles of major players in the industry
Microbial infections represent one of the leading causes of death worldwide. Users of antiseptics and disinfectants are individual consumers as well as various groups and industries such as research institutions, food handlers, textile manufacturers, healthcare providers, and so forth. Antiseptics and disinfectants are a vital set of compounds for healthy living. This report focuses on the global market for antiseptic and disinfectant products and provides an updated review of their applications. The report deals with antiseptic and disinfectant products by covering the total market, which includes two main areas of applications: antiseptics and disinfectants for domestic use and antiseptics and disinfectants for institutional/ commercial use.
This report details regulatory aspects; innovations and technological improvements, including patents and approvals; and latest trends, preferences and progress in the antiseptic and disinfection products market. The report analyzes the global antiseptics and disinfectants market by category, region and application. North America (U.S. and Canada), Europe (France, Germany, Italy, the U.K., Russia, Spain), and emerging markets (many Asian countries, South Korea, parts of Africa, Brazil, India, China) are considered in the regional market analysis. In addition, the study also covers the market projections, market leaders, and market shares in the worldwide market for antiseptic and disinfection products.
Shalini Shahani Dewan focuses on pharmaceuticals and biotechnology and has been a BCC Research contributor since 2002 as both an analyst and project manager. She has explored a wide range of topics and companies, including working for Johnson & Johnson doing market surveillance. She has an undergraduate degree in pharmacy and master's degree in medicinal chemistry. She resides in the Bay Area.
- Global Markets for CT Scanners (HLC024B)
- Technologies for Long-term Care and Home Healthcare: Global Markets (HLC079D)
- Renal Dialysis Equipment: Technologies and Global Markets (HLC164B)
- Fluoroscopy and C-arms: Technologies and Global Markets (HLC148B)
- Global Markets for Contract Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Research and Packaging (PHM043G)
The global market for antiseptics and disinfectants reached nearly $5.0 billion and $5.3 billion in 2013 and 2014, respectively. This market is estimated to increase from $5.6 billion in 2015 to $7.9 billion in 2020 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.0% from 2015-2020.
- An overview of the global markets an overview of the current and future characteristics of the global market for antiseptics and disinfectants.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2013 and 2014, estimates for 2015, and projections of CAGRs through 2020.
- Present and future strategies within the antiseptics and disinfectants market, including factors affecting the market with the inclusion of breakdowns of the market by end users.
- Coverage of categories of antiseptics and disinfectants like biguanides and amidines, phenol and derivatives, iodine products, quaternary ammonium compounds, silver compounds, aldehydes, alcohols, oxidizing agents, and others.
- An overview of the mechanism of action, and selection criteria, for antiseptics and disinfectants.
- A look at major changes in market behavior, such as acquisitions, mergers, and alliances by companies and global organizations.
- Profiles of major players in the industry.
The global market for antiseptics and disinfectants in 2009 was at about $3.4 billion, and with a 12% increase, sales reached about $3.8 billion in 2010. The market is expected to rise at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.1% and reach $7.1 billion by 2016.
- The global market for antiseptics and disinfectants increased from $2.8 billion in 2007 to $3.1 billion in 2008. It should reach $4.9 billion by 2013, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.6%.
- Aldehydes, alcohols and oxidizing agents have the largest share of the market, worth $1.2 billion in 2008 and expected to increase to $1.9 billion in 2013, for a CAGR of 9.2%.
- Biguanides, amidines and quaternary compounds have the second largest share of the market, generating $873.9 million in 2008. This should reach $1.6 billion in 2013, for a CAGR of 12.2%.
When do I get the report?
Most reports are fulfilled immediately. In some cases, it could take up to 24 hours.
In what format does this report get delivered to me?
We will send you an email with login credentials to access the report. You will also be able to download the pdf.
What are the free reports included in my purchase?
They consist of a collection of current reports from various partner publishers scanning multiple industries.
What is the difference between BCC Research and BCC Publishing?
BCC Research curates thousands of reports from different sources and provides access to this content to our clients. BCC Publishing is the publication arm of BCC Research (one of several publishers in our portal).
What reports do I get 'discounts' on with my purchase?
All reports. BCC Publishing reports will be available for a 50% discount. All other partner publishers are also available at deeply discounted rates.
Where are you located?
Wellesley Massachusetts, just outside of Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
How long has BCC Research been around?
We are approaching our 50 year anniversary in 2021!
What if I want you to invoice me for payment via Purchase Order?
Simply choose Pay by Purchase Order when you are checking out. We will connect with you via email to set up your order.
What if I have a question about your reports?
Call us, email us, or chat with us! We encourage your questions and feedback. We have a research concierge team available at all times, and included in every purchase, to help our customers find the research they need-when they need it.
Can I share this report with my team?
Absolutely yes, with the purchase of additional user licenses.
Can I use your research in my presentation?
Absolutely yes, so long as the publisher is properly cited.