Global Markets for Chemicals for Cosmetics & Toiletries -- Focus on Fragrances
- An overview of the global market for ingredients used in cosmetics and toiletries industries, with a focus on fragrances
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2011 and 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018
- Discussion of the markets by end-use application and major types of materials used, covering all the major ingredients
- Evaluation of new patents and technological developments
- Identification of companies potentially involved in mergers and acquisitions
- Determinations of the sales potential for new formulations
- Examination of various regulatory and environmental issues as new ingredients are introduced
- Comprehensive profiles of major end-user companies, along with their shares of the markets in their respective segments of operation.
The global cosmetics and toiletries market has been affected by the recent global economic downturn. Difficulty in obtaining credit has affected consumer spending on cosmetics and toiletries. Consumers in emerging economies such as China, India and Brazil are generally not subject to such credit squeezes as those in developed countries. The presence of large domestic markets has cushioned these developing economies from the economic crisis. The cosmetics and toiletries market in emerging economies is still in its development stage, and thus it promises dynamic growth in coming years. This is likely to offset the downward trend in the developed countries. Therefore, the overall the global market for cosmetics and toiletries seems to be poised for modest growth in the coming years.
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
There are thousands of ingredients used in the formulation of cosmetic and toiletry products, including numerous chemicals and biological ingredients. The basic composition of any cosmetic product is often similar, but the formulators change the ingredients depending on the final market and the customers’ preferences. This report will analyze the various chemicals and other ingredients used in these cosmetic and toiletry products, and also study the global and regional market for the major ingredients in cosmetic and toiletry products. It will also forecast the future demand for these ingredients. There are various new developments in the technology used to manufacture these ingredients, and the report will study these developments and the future expected technological trends.
REASONS FOR DOING THIS STUDY
Continuous improvements are being made in the quality of cosmetic and toiletry products as the major manufacturers try to keep pace with the consumer preferences and market needs. Also, companies are developing new ingredients and methods to stay ahead of the competition. Demands for various ingredients vary depending on the growth of different products emanating from new research regarding ingredients. Thus, there is need for a report that takes these constant changes into account and updates the global market consumption figures for the various ingredients.
SCOPE AND FORMAT
This report studies both the global and regional markets for ingredients used in the cosmetic and toiletries industries. It also analyzes these markets by end-use application and major materials types. New patents and technological developments covered by these patents indicate the dynamic nature of the industry, and an analysis of these patents has been made in the report. As the newer ingredients increase in number, various regulatory and environmental issues are cropping up, and these issues must be addressed. A study has been made of the existing regulations in this report. Profiles of major end-user companies are also included, along with their market shares in their respective operation segments.
CONTRIBUTION OF THE STUDY AND INTENDED AUDIENCE
This report is intended to provide information for:
- Cosmetic ingredient manufacturers.
- Cosmetic ingredient suppliers.
- Cosmetic ingredient distributors.
- Specialty chemical manufacturers.
- Potential market entrants into cosmetic ingredient business.
- Industry advisers to cosmetic ingredient manufacturers.
This report can also help interested persons to:
- Determine the market and sales potential for new formulations.
- Learn more about industry competitors.
- Assess new products and technologies.
- Identify companies for mergers and acquisitions.
- Make more informed business decisions.
Both primary and secondary research methods were used in this study. Primary information sources included individuals within companies, various research organizations, governmental agencies and trade associations.
Secondary research included extensive literature reviews, including trade journals, seminar proceedings, patent literature, company literature, published reports and government publications. Additional secondary research sources included databases, trade literature, specialized journals and government statistics.
Mr. Srinivasa Rajaram is a mechanical engineer with more than 40 years of experience in factory-layout design and setup. He has set up factories for the production of weighing machines and dynamic-balancing machines in India, and he has experience in design, production and servicing such equipment. He was senior Vice President of M/S Schenck Avery Ltd., an Indo-German joint venture. Mr. Rajaram has researched and authored numerous BCC market research reports, including the prior version of this report.
Mr. Rajaram has been ably assisted by his wife, Mrs. Jayagowri Rajaram, who holds a Master’s degree in chemistry and has more than 25 years’ experience in the teaching profession.
BCC ON-LINE SERVICES
BCC Research offers an online information retrieval service. Its home page, located at www.bccresearch.com, enables readers to:
- Examine the complete BCC Research catalog of market research reports and place direct orders.
- Subscribe to any of BCC Research’s many industry newsletters.
- Read announcements of recently published reports and newly launched newsletters.
- Register for its well-known conferences.
- Request additional information on any BCC research product.
- Take advantage of special offers.
The information developed in this report is intended to be as reliable as possible at the time of publication and of a professional nature. This information does not constitute managerial, legal or accounting advice, nor should it serve as a corporate policy guide, laboratory manual or an endorsement of any product, as much of the information is of a speculative in nature. The author assumes no responsibility for any loss or damage that might result from reliance on the reported information or from its use.