Global Markets for Adhesives & Sealants/Joining and Fastening
The global adhesives and sealants market should reach $81.8 billion by 2023 from $63.7 billion in 2018 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.1% for the period 2018 to 2023.
- 99 data tables and 37 additional tables
- An overview of the global markets for adhesives and sealants within the industry
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2017 to 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Study and impact analysis of various types of new raw materials, which are being used with increasing newer applications
- Information on the product life style and technology life style (TLC) of various types of adhesives and sealants and methods employed by various manufacturers and users in maintaining ecological balance
- Profiles of various major manufacturers and suppliers of adhesives and sealants, including 3M Co., Dow Corning Corp., H.B. Fuller Co., Power Adhesives, Ltd., Scott Bader Co. Ltd., Total S.A. and Wisdom Adhesives
The report has been prepared in a simple format that can be easily understood with number of tables and charts/figures. The scope of the report includes a detailed study of global and regional markets for various types of adhesives and sealants, with the reasons given for variations in the growth of the industry in certain regions.
Srinivasa Rajaram is a mechanical engineer with more than 40 years of experience in designing factory layouts and setting up factories. He has established factories for the production of weighing and dynamic balancing machines in India and has experience in the design, production and servicing of that equipment. He was senior vice president at M/S Schenck Avery Ltd., an Indo–German joint venture, and has set up an automatic paint shop for painting various components of weighing and dynamic balancing equipment.
The global market for adhesives and sealants by product type was valued at $39.1 billion in 2009. This market is expected to reach $40.8 billion in 2010 and $52.1 billion in 2015, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5%.
Medical applications are expected to exhibit faster growth than other applications. This segment was worth an estimated $1 billion in 2010 and is expected to reach nearly 1.3 billion in 2015, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.1%.
The construction segment will grow at a 4.9% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) over the 5-year forecast period. This segment was worth $4.8 billion in 2010 and is expected to reach a value of $6.2 billion in 2015.
The global market for adhesives and sealants increased from $35.6 billion in 2006 to an estimated $36.9 billion in 2007. It should reach $46.4 billion by 2012, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.7%.
The Far East represents the highest growth region. China, South Korea, Taiwan and Vietnam especially are expected to see significant growth.
Products expected to see the most growth include electronics adhesives for printed wiring boards, hot melt systems and automotive applications.