Alternative Photovoltaic Solar Cell Technologies: Global Markets
The global market for alternative solar technologies was valued at $12.6 billion in 2012. This market is estimated to grow to more than $22.8 billion by the end of 2018 from a value of about $13.9 billion in 2013, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.5% for the five-year period, 2013 to 2018.
- Quantification and explanation of market trends in the various non-crystalline silicon solar cell technologies and their relation and importance to global markets.
- Discussion of factors affecting production, acceptance and adoption, and sales and distribution of non-crystalline silicon solar cell technology.
- A presentation of factors such as governmental or environmental factors spurring or inhibiting the market.
- Identification of major players in the market such as research organizations and end-users.
Topics analyzed within the report include a detailed breakdown and analysis of the global markets for alternative solar technologies by geography, technology and application. Additionally, a review of the different technologies currently in commercial use is included; a review of early-stage technologies that are beginning to see transfer from research to commercialization; a sketch of the industry’s current structure, including competitive and regulatory analysis within this context; and major factors impelling and impeding global growth.
Not included in this report, except for when inclusion of such information provides context for better understanding of the core topics being discussed, are:
- Monocrystalline silicon photovoltaics.
- Polycrystalline silicon photovoltaics.
- Solar thermal technologies.
- Concentrating solar power (as differentiated from concentrating photo-voltaics).
- Other renewable energy generation technologies such as wind, geothermal, etc.
With a vigorous numerate- and analytical-based training, Bryan Boots holds Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degrees in engineering, with additional ongoing training in marketing and finance that provide a valuable and unique perspective for understanding and interpreting industry trends.
Together with professional experiences related to the field, Mr. Boots has several years of research experience – both professionally and academically – across diverse subject matter. His innate information-gathering skills, data analysis skills, and technical background are all applied to his reports, combining them with a passion for writing and people to produce insightful analysis for key decision-makers in today’s cutting-edge industries.