High-Speed Rail Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for high-speed rail totaled $102.3 billion in 2013 and $112.0 billion in 2014. This market is expected to reach $133.4 billion by 2019, registering a compound annual growth (CAGR) of 3.6% over the next five years.
- An overview of the global markets and technologies for high-speed rail
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2013, estimates for 2014, and projections of CAGRs through 2019.
- Information on the main types of high-speed rail tracks including dedicated, mixed, mixed conventional, and fully mixed.
- Analysis of key market drivers including urbanization, mega cities, Asia booming, increasing fuel prices, geographic variety, innovating towards zero emissions, and others
- A look at the market's inhibitors including cost and time, EPA standards, and high-speed rail safety standards
- Profiles of major players and vendors in the industry
The scope of this report is broad and covers different types of high-speed rail tracks used globally in operating different types of high-speed train sets. The market is broken down by high-speed rail under operation, high-speed rail track expansion and different maintenance expenditures on high-speed rail. The market for high-speed rail is also estimated by regional market for track construction, fleet and maintenance. Revenue forecasts from 2014 to 2019 are given for each estimate of high-speed rail market segments.
The report also includes a discussion of the major players in each of the regional markets for high-speed rails. It explains the major market drivers of the global high-speed industry, the current trends within the industry, major industry challenges and the regional dynamics of the global high-speed rail market. The report concludes with a focus on the supplier landscape, including detailed profiles of the major vendors in the high-speed rail industry globally, and a discussion of the market share of the major players by region.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Aneesh Kumar has been a project manager and partner with BizImpact Knowledge Services, LLP, a market research and services company primarily focused on opportunities in science and technology, since 2011. Kumar manages a team focused on global market research projects, primary interviews and market forecasting. He holds a BBA from the Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India and is a member of the Indo-German Chambers of Commerce.