Municipal and Industrial Sludge Treatment and Odor Control: The Global Market
The global sludge treatment and odor control equipment market is estimated to have been worth $6.5 billion in 2013, and is forecast to reach nearly $6.9 billion by year-end 2014. The compound annual growth rate (CAGR) during the forecast period, 2014 to 2019, is estimated to be 5.9%. At this rate, the market value will reach $9.2 billion by 2019.
- An overview of the global market for industrial and municipal sludge treatment and odor control equipment and related technologies.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2013, estimates for 2014, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2019.
- Information on regulations affecting these markets, market trends, and competitive structures within these markets.
- Insight into the current issues affecting the industry, equipment types, legislation relevant to the markets, and end user requirements affecting developments.
- Comprehensive profiles of companies that are active in various market sectors.
The report examines the market for three categories of sludge treatment equipment and three categories of odor control equipment. These are:
- Sludge digestion.
- Sludge dewatering.
- Sludge drying.
- Physical odor control equipment.
- Chemical odor control equipment.
- Biological odor control equipment.
The study also provides information on:
- The emerging and alternative technologies in these markets.
- Industry structure.
- Five-year projections of market activity.
- Pricing trends and technological trends.
- Research and development activity.
- Governmental legislation.
- Competitive structure and company profiles.
- Developed and developing countries.
During the past 18 years, Susan Hanft has authored more than 40 market research reports for BCC Research in the fields of membrane technology, water and wastewater treatment, and separations used in food and beverage manufacture, medicine and biotechnology.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The global sludge treatment and odor control equipment market was worth $5.3 billion in 2011 and is forecast to reach $5.5 billion in 2012. The compound annual growth rate (CAGR) during the forecast period, 2012 to 2017, is estimated to be 4.7%, when sales are projected to reach $7 billion by 2017.
- International sludge treatment is the largest segment, worth nearly $2.0 billion in 2007. This is expected to increase to $2.1 billion in 2008 and $2.6 billion in 2013, for a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.5%.
- The second largest segment is international odor control, which generated $1.2 billion in 2007. This is expected to increase slightly in 2008 and reach $1.5 billion in 2013, a CAGR of 4.5%.
- North American odor control is the third largest segment, worth $713.1 million in 2007 and an estimated $750.0 million in 2008. This segment should reach $968.2 million in 2013, for a CAGR of 5.2%.