Ballast Water Treatment: Technologies and Global Markets
The global ballast water treatment equipment market reached nearly $1.4 billion in 2012. This market is expected to grow to nearly $2.1 billion in 2013 and $8.5 billion in 2018 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 32.9% for the five-year period 2013 to 2018.
- An overview of the global market for ballast treatment technologies, including solid-liquid separations, with and without coagulation and flocculation; chemical treatment, such as chlorination and ozonation; and physical treatment such as ultraviolet irradiation, gas injection, and ultrasonic processes
- Analyses of market trends for four world regions, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) for the five year period, 2013 to 2018
- A presentation of legislative and other drivers by region and a discussion of pending International Maritime Organization regulations
- A listing of the categories of seagoing vessels, i.e. cargo ships, cruise ships, ferries, tankers, affected by recent and expected rulings and the types of treatment equipment each will require
- A patent analysis that reveals technical developments and firms with leading intellectual property portfolios
- A discussion of industry structure
- Comprehensive company profiles of more than 40 key players in the market.
SCOPE AND FORMAT
This report is focused on the market for ballast water treatment equipment for four world regions: North America, Europe, the Asia-Pacific region, and the “rest of world”. The study begins with a discussion of problems associated with ballast water, and continues with a discussion of existing and pending regulations regarding its treatment and an overview of the various types of treatment technologies.
The report includes current and projected market value, market drivers, trends and opportunities, top-selling products and suppliers, and a general market outlook. The report contains roughly 100 market tables and figures that provide a comprehensive insight into the market, along with nearly 80 company profiles. Market tables are presented for a range of parameters including geographic region, vessel size and type, supplier and product type.
All market data pertains to sales at the manufacturer level. Data are expressed in current U.S. dollars. The base year of the report is 2013, with historical data provided for 2008 and 2010 and forecast data provided through 2018. Historical, base year and forecast data are provided for each market segment of the report. Competitor market shares are provided for the year 2012.
During the past 17 years, Susan Hanft has authored more than 30 market research reports for BCC Research in the fields of membrane technology, water and wastewater treatment, and separations used in food and beverage manufacture, medicine, biotechnology, and the oil and gas industry.