Functional Foods and Beverages: Global Markets
The global market for functional foods and beverages should grow from $184.5 billion in 2020 to $274.5 billion by 2025, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.3% during the period forecast of 2020-2025.
- 283 data tables
- An overview of the global market for functional foods and beverages within the industry
- Analyses of the global market trends, with data from 2019, estimates for 2020, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2025
- Identification and analysis of the global functional foods and beverages market based on key product segments such as functional foods and functional beverages
- Estimation of the actual market size and revenue forecasts for the functional foods and beverages market, and corresponding market share analysis on the basis of product types, sources, types of ingredient, functions and key geographical regions
- Country specific data and analysis for the United States, Canada, Mexico, U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, China, India, Japan, Australia, and other key countries from the MEA region
- Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the growth of functional foods and beverages market vs. the overall global economy
- Recent developments, alliances, joint ventures, and mergers and acquisitions in the global functional foods and beverages market
- Review of international list of patent publications and grants of patents for functional foods and beverages
- Discussion of company profiles of the important players in the functional foods and beverages industry. Major players include A.G. Barr Plc, Amul, Arista Industries, BASF SE, Chr. Hansen Inc., Dean Foods Company, Danisco A/S, Nordic Naturals and The Coca-Cola Co.
This report studies the global market for functional foods and beverages from 2019 as a base year and provides estimates for each year of the forecast period of 2020 to 2025, with projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGR). The scope of this report is broad and covers global markets for functional foods and beverages that are used globally. The market is broken down by product type, source, ingredient, function and region. Projected and forecasted market size estimates are in constant U.S. dollars that have not been adjusted for inflation.
This report provides market insights into the global market for functional foods and beverages, with specific focus on the U.S., Europe and India and the top ingredients in those countries. It provides an array of information including market size, expected growth rates, market drivers and restraints as well as other trends and developments in the market. This market report organizes information from diverse sources into a cohesive unit that includes a comparison of premium versus mass functional product as well as the functional foods and beverages value chain and the evolution of functional foods and beverages. Regulations are also covered in the scope of this report.
This report should serve as an analytical and informational business tool with the primary purpose of examining the growth in the overall functional foods and beverages market, growth in the individual segments of the functional foods and beverages industry, as well as the subcategories within those segments, new developments in the market, and current research and future opportunities in the functional foods and beverages industry.
Beyond this, each segment and subsegment of the functional foods and beverages is examined, and growth rates and reasons for growth of each functional food and beverage segment are provided. This report examines the following segments:
Functional foods, which includes the subcategories:
- Bakery and confectionery.
- Cereals and flour.
- Dairy non-drinkable.
- Frozen fruits and vegetables.
- Meat and seafood.
- Sweet and savory snacks.
- Other functional foods.
Functional beverages, which includes the subcategories:
- Dairy drinkable.
- Energy drinks.
- Fruit and vegetable juices.
- Prebiotic and probiotic drinks.
- Tea and coffee.
- Other functional beverages of dairy drinkable, energy drinks, fruit and vegetable juices, prebiotic and probiotic drinks, tea and coffee, and other functional beverages.
The report also analyzes the global functional foods and beverages market in terms of source, ingredient, function and regions. The sources covered are plant-based, animal-based and microbial-based. The ingredients covered are amino acids, carotenoids, dietary fibers, fatty acids, phytochemicals, vitamins and minerals, and other ingredients. The functions covered are gut and digestive health, cardiac health, cognitive health, general wellness and immunity, weight management and other functions. The regional markets covered are North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America and the Middle East and Africa.
The report also includes a discussion on the major players in each regional market for functional foods and beverages. It explains the main market drivers of the global functional foods and beverages market, current trends within the industry; and the regional dynamics of the functional foods and beverages market. The report concludes with detailed profiles of major global vendors in the functional foods and beverages industry.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
BCC Publishing Staff comprises expert analysts who are skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in fields such as microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery, among others.
- Smart Packaging: Global Market Outlook (CHM183A)
- Microbiome Therapeutics: Global Markets (BIO205B)
- Global Market for Laboratory Disposables (CHM180A)
- Surveillance and Monitoring of Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and Explosive (CBRNE) Hazards (SAS005E)
- Intraocular Lenses: Global Market Outlook (MDS081A)