2008/2009 Healthcare Research Review
- The home use segment of the U.S. medical diagnostic kits market is expected to increase from $6.2 billion in 2008 to $10.3 billion in 2013, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.2%.
- The global market for minimally invasive surgery devices and equipment is expected to rise from $15.8 billion in 2009 to $23 billion in 2014, for a CAGR of 7.8%.
- The target therapy segment of the global cancer therapy market is projected to grow from $22.9 billion in 2008 to $69.1 billion in 2013, for a CAGR of 24.7%.
- The professional equipment and supplies segment of the U.S. dental market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.8% from 2008 to 2013, with revenue increasing from $3.2 billion to $4.2 billion.
- The U.S. tissue transplantation market (that is, corneas, bone grafts, blood and bone marrow, heart valves, and skin and skin replacement products) totaled more than $9.2 billion in 2007 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.5% to $14.3 billion by 2013.
- The vision and reading aids segment amounts to more than two-thirds of the disabled and elderly assistive technologies market in the U.S. It totaled $26.1 billion in 2008.
- The global medical device coatings business will experience a CAGR of 9.9% between 2009 and 2014, when it is forecast to reach $7.5 billion.
- The chronic illnesses segment is projected to account for more than two-thirds of $80 billion global pediatric healthcare market in 2013.
2008/2009 HEALTHCARE RESEARCH REVIEW
- Medical Diagnostic Kits
- Minimally Invasive Medical Devices
- Cancer Therapies
- The Dental Market
- Organ and Tissue Transplantation and Alternatives
- Disabled and Elderly Assistive Technologies
- Medical Device Coatings
- Pediatric Health Care Products and Services