2021 Healthcare Research Review
- The global market for DTC tests should grow from $1.4 billion in 2020 to $2.6 billion tonnes by 2025, at compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 14.2% for the period of 2020-2025.
- The global market for Wireless EHR should grow from $28.8 billion in 2021 to $65.9 billion tonnes by 2026, at a CAGR of 18.0% for the period of 2021-2026.
- The global market for hospital information systems should grow from $22.4 billion in 2021 to $34.7 billion tonnes by 2026, at a CAGR of 9.2% for the period of 2021-2026.
With growing demand for better healthcare infrastructure and medical needs, the healthcare industry is expected to flourish in the future. The technological advancements, product developments and launches, and ongoing research in this arena, is anticipated to boost this market in the coming years. The health care industry, or medical industry, is a sector that offers goods and services to treat patients with therapeutic, preventive, rehabilitative, or palliative care. The healthcare industry is comprised of establishments committed to prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of medical conditions. The BCC market research reports cater to the current and future needs of the healthcare market, with insights drawn from secondary and primary research.
The healthcare area includes several industries, sub-industries, and a broad range of companies. Any company involved in products and services related to the health and medical care are represented in the healthcare sector and further categorized under six main industries. These industries include pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, equipment, distribution, facilities, and managed health care. This report provides insights on emerging healthcare segments such as medical devices, medical robotics, surgical equipments, healthcare tracking solutions and many others.
Although, the healthcare industry is prospering, the companies are struggling in implementing effective ways to enter the market and sustain the competition, with thorough market knowledge. Demand for health care services is propelled by demographics, advances in medical care and technology.
This BCC Research Review is a collection of highlights from several healthcare market research reports that were published in 2019. This review was compiled with an intent of providing a sampling of the type of market information, guidance, and analysis, that have been guiding business decisions, since the inception of BCC Research in 1971. This Healthcare Research Review includes highlights and excerpts from the following reports, published by BCC Research in 2020 and early 2021:
- HLC269A Direct to Consumer Testing Industry: Global Markets
- HLC147B Wireless Electronic Health Records: Technologies and Global Markets
- HLC276A Global Hospital Information System Market
- HLC168B Ambulance and Emergency Equipment: Global Markets
- HLC036H Medical Robotics and Computer-assisted Surgery: The Global Market
- HLC182C Disposable Medical Sensors: Technologies and Global Markets
- HLC154B Surgical Equipment: Technologies and Global Markets
- HLC277A Global Digital Health Technologies Market
- HLC191B Global Markets for Emerging Medical Device Technologies
- HLC204B Transcatheter Treatment: Procedures and Heart Valve Market
- HLC186C In Vitro Diagnostics: Technologies and Global Markets
- HLC092E Healthcare-Acquired Infection: Devices, Pharmaceuticals, and Environmental Products
We hope that you find this Research Review valuable, and we look forward to serving our customers’ healthcare market research needs.
BCC publishing staff comprises expert analysts who are skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in fields such as electronics and semi-conductors, automotive, industrial automation, ICT, petroleum, electrical engineering, business administration, among others.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- The global minimally invasive surgical (MIS) devices and equipment sales market should reach $29.9 billion by 2024 from $21.2 billion in 2019 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.1% for the forecast period 2019 to 2024.
- The global tissue engineering and regeneration market should reach $109.9 billion by 2023 from $24.7 billion in 2018 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 34.8% for the forecast period 2018 to 2023.
- The global chronic kidney disease market should reach $95 billion by 2023 from $79 billion in 2018 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.8% for the forecast period 2018 to 2023.
- The global market for 3D medical and surgical imaging platforms should increase from $4.5 billion in 2018 to nearly $10.4 billion by 2023 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 18.1% for the period of 2018-2023.
- The global market for transcatheter treatment devices should grow from $4.0 billion in 2018 to $8.0 billion by 2023 at a CAGR of 14.8% for the period of 2018-2023.
- The global market for medical imaging instruments should grow from $32.6 billion in 2017 to $42.1 billion by 2022 at a CAGR of 5.3% for the period of 2017-2022.
- The laboratory-developed test market within the U.S. is expected to grow from $9.7 billion in 2014 to nearly $17.7 billion in 2019, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.7% from 2014 to 2019.
- The radiation therapy market totaled $5.8 billion in 2014 and is expected to reach $8.1 billion in 2019, with a CAGR of 6.7%.
- The global market for minimally invasive medical devices and equipment reached roughly $15.4 billion in 2014 and is expected to reach $21.5 billion in 2019, registering a CAGR of 6.8% for the period 2014-2019.
- The U.S. emerging diagnostic technologies market was valued at $880 million in 2011 and should reach $1.2 billion in 2012. Total market value is expected to reach $3.2 billion in 2017 after increasing at a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 20.9%.
- The global market for portable medical electronic products was valued at $49.3 billion in 2011 and should reach $51.9 billion in 2012. Total market value is expected to reach $77.4 billion in 2017 after increasing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.3%.
- The global MRCAS market was valued at nearly $2.2 billion in 2011 and should reach nearly $2.4 billion in 2012. Total market value is expected to reach nearly $4 billion in 2017 after increasing at a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.6%.
THIS RESEARCH REVIEW PROVIDES
- Overview of the continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) market including critical issues such as technological developments, geographic trends, market dynamics, adoption trends, competitive intelligence and market revenue forecasts.
- Overview of the tissue engineering and regeneration industry, including description of existing products, new and potential markets for novel therapies and treatments.
- Overview of the medical lasers, including description of components of lasers, effects of lasers on human tissue and medical treatments using lasers.
- The worldwide endoscopy market was $23.3 billion in 2010 and is projected to reach nearly $24.8 billion in 2011. This market is further anticipated to increase to $33.7 billion by 2016 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.4%.
- The total market for clinical healthcare information technologies was more than $6.3 billion in 2010. The market is projected to grow to approximately $7.4 billion in 2011 and $17.5 billion in 2016, a CAGR of 18.7% over the next five years.
- The global market for microelectronic medical implants was worth an estimated $15.4 billion in 2010. The market is projected to grow to $16.3 billion in 2011 and $24.8 billion in 2016, a CAGR of 8.8%, between 2011 and 2016.
The global market for medical imaging systems is estimated to be $17 billion in 2009 and is forecast to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.8% from 2009 to 2014. Ultrasound systems comprise 29% of the global medical imaging systems market. X-ray systems are next, with a 24% share. Positron emission tomography has seen growth but it is the smallest segment. The X-ray market is growing well due to the introduction of digital technology.
BCC Research estimates that technological improvements and changes in health care cost control will cause the demand for medical device sensors to increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.1% between 2009 and 2014, when it will approach $9 billion. Perhaps more important, much of the growth will be in one class of technology—semiconductor/MEMS sensors—which will experience a 5% CAGR as the three older technologies see minimal growth or even a decrease.
The sleep aids markets reached revenues of $25 billion in 2009. The United States is overwhelmingly the leader in the worldwide market for sleep aids due to lifestyle pressures, more disposable income, and education about sleep disorders. The worldwide economic climate adversely affected the market in 2008 and 2009. However, industry experts anticipate that the recovery will be slow but steady from 2010 to 2014. Revenues are anticipated to reach $33.2 billion in 2014, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.8% over the forecast period of 2009 to 2014.
- The home use segment of the U.S. medical diagnostic kits market is expected to increase from $6.2 billion in 2008 to $10.3 billion in 2013, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.2%.
- The global market for minimally invasive surgery devices and equipment is expected to rise from $15.8 billion in 2009 to $23 billion in 2014, for a CAGR of 7.8%.
- The target therapy segment of the global cancer therapy market is projected to grow from $22.9 billion in 2008 to $69.1 billion in 2013, for a CAGR of 24.7%.
- The professional equipment and supplies segment of the U.S. dental market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.8% from 2008 to 2013, with revenue increasing from $3.2 billion to $4.2 billion.
- The U.S. tissue transplantation market (that is, corneas, bone grafts, blood and bone marrow, heart valves, and skin and skin replacement products) totaled more than $9.2 billion in 2007 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.5% to $14.3 billion by 2013.
- The vision and reading aids segment amounts to more than two-thirds of the disabled and elderly assistive technologies market in the U.S. It totaled $26.1 billion in 2008.
- The global medical device coatings business will experience a CAGR of 9.9% between 2009 and 2014, when it is forecast to reach $7.5 billion.
- The chronic illnesses segment is projected to account for more than two-thirds of $80 billion global pediatric healthcare market in 2013.