Blood Testing: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for blood testing will grow from nearly $53.8 billion in 2018 to $60.5 billion by 2023 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.4% for the period of 2018-2023.
- 35 data tables and 43 additional tables
- Country specific data and analysis for US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, France, UK, Italy, Spain, Portugal, China, India, Japan, South Korea and Australia
- Analysis of the global market for blood testing, using quantitative and qualitative approaches
- Description of blood tests that are routinely used for evaluating, screening and monitoring by using analysers (including automated analysers) and integrated systems
- Coverage of methods of extraction of blood for blood testing, and discussion of advantages and disadvantages of blood tests
- Detailed study of the regulatory and reimbursement aspect of the industry
- Insight into current trends and recent developments in the blood testing market
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players in the industry, including Abbott Laboratories, Biomérieux Marcy L’etoile, F. Hoffman-La Roche Ag, Nova Biomedical Corp., Siemens Healthineers, Thermo Fisher Scientific
This study covers the blood tests that are used routinely for screening, monitoring and evaluating by using analyzers (including automated analyzers) and integrated systems. This report also covers home-monitoring devices and test strips and the associated calibration reagents for diabetes and lipid profiles using finger pricks. The report analyzes and assesses therapeutic and screening applications of blood tests for human conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, autoimmune disorders, cancer, blood disorders, hormonal imbalances, infection and pregnancy. Excluded from this study are urinalysis, urine home diagnostic kits and diagnostic testing such as imaging as well as veterinary blood tests and their analyzers.
The report also includes a discussion of the market’s major drivers and global dynamics along with the political, economic, social and technological factors that impact the market. The report provides market size estimates for the year 2017 (considered as a base year) and 2018, as well as a forecast through 2023. Market estimates and forecast figures are provided for all major market segments. A discussion of the major players is included in the competitive landscape section, which provides trends in product launches, collaborations, mergers and acquisitions, and other agreements.
The report concludes with a special focus on company profiles and includes detailed profiles of the major vendors in the blood testing market.
BCC Publishing Staff comprises expert analysts who are skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in fields such as microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery, among others.
The blood testing market totaled $49.5 billion in 2013 and reached to nearly $50 billion in 2014 This market is expected to grow $56.6 billion in 2019, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.6%.
- An overview of the global markets and technologies for blood testing.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, 2013, estimates for 2014, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2019.
- Coverage of major blood test categories including hematology, molecular screening, toxicology, and also oncology biomarker tests and cardiology tests.
- Information on the latest trends and innovations in the blood testing product pipeline as well as information on new approaches for screening.
- Analysis of the market's dynamics, specifically growth drivers, inhibitors, and opportunities.
- Relevant patent analysis.
- Profiles of major players in the blood testing market.