Health Self-monitoring: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for health self-monitoring technologies should grow from $48.7 billion in 2021 to $185.9 billion by 2026 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 30.7% for the period of 2021-2026.
- 17 tables
- An overview of the global markets and technologies for health self-monitoring
- Estimation of the market size, and analyses of the global market trends, with data from 2019-2021, with projection of CAGR through 2026
- Identification of key market dynamics, trends, opportunities, and factors influencing the global market and highlights of the market potential for health self-monitoring market on the basis of technologies, peripherals and region
- Insights into the major stakeholders and analysis of the competitive landscape based on recent developments and segmental revenues
- Comparative study between digital vs. analog monitoring technologies, mobile vs. portable monitoring technologies, self-testing vs. self-monitoring and health vs. sports and fitness monitoring technologies, and assessment of their potential applications
- Discussion on user demographic and socioeconomic characteristics, and issues like epidemiological, legal, and regulatory issues and insights into regulatory approvals
- Evaluation of the companies best positioned to meet the current and future demand of health self-monitoring technologies owing to their proprietary technologies, strategic alliances, or other advantages
- Company profiles of the market leading participants, including Alphabet Inc., Apple Inc., Garmin Ltd., Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., and Motorola Mobility LLC
This report examines the current and forecast market potential for health self-monitoring. It offers a detailed analysis of the market background, technological advancement, competitive environment, drivers and restraints, and market growth trends. This report includes market projections through 2026, detailing the market share for health self-monitoring based on the technologies.
By technologies, the health self-monitoring market is segmented into peripherals and software applications.
By geography, the health self-monitoring market has been segmented into Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and the Rest of the World (RoW). The detailed analyses of major countries such as the U.S., Germany, Canada, the U.K., Spain, Italy, France, Japan, India, and China are regional segments. For market estimates, data is provided for 2020 as the base year, for 2021 and forecast through year-end 2026. Estimated values used are based on health self-monitoring companies’ total revenues. Projected and forecast revenue values are in constant U.S. dollars that have not been adjusted for inflation.
The present report focuses particularly on technologies that enable individuals to monitor their health. Third-party monitoring technologies thus are specifically excluded, except to the sense that the people being monitored have direct access to the data in a form useful for self-monitoring. Apps that extract data from an individual’s EHR and format and display those data on the individual’s self-monitoring product are covered in the report, but not EHRs per se.
BCC Publishing Staff comprises expert analysts who are skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in fields such as microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery, among others.
The global market for selected health self-monitoring technologies reached nearly $16.7 billion in 2016. This market should grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 28.3% from $20.7 billion in 2017 to reach $71.9 billion by 2022.
- An overview the global markets and technologies for health self-monitoring.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2016, estimates for 2017, and projections of CAGRs through 2022.
- Existing health self-monitoring technologies, as well as technologies that are under development.
- Analysis of major drivers and constraints that will influence the future development of the self-monitoring market.
- Projections of the market for major health self-monitoring technology platforms, devices, and software.
- Descriptions and evaluations of different vendors’ business models.
- Assessments of the potential impact of self-monitoring on the way medicine is practiced.
The global market for selected health self-monitoring technologies reached $1.1 billion and nearly $3.2 billion in 2013 and 2014, respectively. This market is forecast to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 42.9% to reach $18.8 billion in 2019.
- Overview the global markets and technologies for health self-monitoring.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2013 and 2014, and projections of CAGRs through 2019.
- Identify and describe existing health self-monitoring technologies, as well as technologies that are under development.
- Analyze the major drivers and constraints that will influence the future development of the self-monitoring market.
- Project the market for major health self-monitoring technology platforms, devices, and software.
- Describe and evaluate different vendors’ business models.
- Assess the potential impact of self-monitoring on the way medicine is practiced.