Patient Monitoring Devices: Global Markets
The global patient monitoring device (PMD) market is expected to grow from nearly $14.7 billion in 2013 to reach nearly $21.0 billion in 2018, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.4% for the period of 2013 to 2018.
- An overview of the global market for patient monitoring devices, accessories, and consumables that are used to measure, display, and document physiological information obtained at regular intervals over time from sensors attached to the patient or other input devices.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018.
- Examination of the market for patient monitoring devices and related equipment by application (e.g., intensive care, neonatal/pediatric care), product type (central monitoring stations, portable bedside monitors, wireless/telemetry monitors), and target markets (hospitals, long-term care facilities, and individual consumers).
- Discussion of promising new technologies and products still in the development and testing stages that are likely to be commercialized successfully in the next five years.
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players in the industry.
SCOPE OF REPORT
The report includes only those products and end users that are noted above and that fall within the parameters of the four geographical regions noted.
Discussion and analysis covers the following market factors:
- Key market analysis.
- Strategic recommendations.
- Market dynamics (drivers and constraints).
- Market forecast for the period of 2013 through 2018.
- Competitive developments and general landscape.
- Geographical analysis.
- Profiles of key market players.
Himani Singhi has been working in healthcare, biotechnology and life sciences business research and consulting since 2009. She has expertise in business strategy, market and competitive intelligence, business performance measurement and management, business analysis and analytics, and forecasting. Himani studied in the U.K. and holds double masters, one in life sciences/allied science and the other in business analysis.
- The U.S. market for patient monitoring devices, accessories, and consumables was worth nearly $6.2 billion in 2007. The market is projected to grow to almost $6.5 billion in 2008 and $8.6 billion by 2013, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.7%.
- The monitoring devices segment has the largest share of the market, worth $3.6 billion in 2007 and an estimated $3.8 billion in 2008. This is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.2% to reach $5.1 billion in 2013.
- Disposable sensors and other consumables generated $2.6 billion in 2007. This should increase to $2.7 billion in 2008 and $3.4 billion in 2013, for a CAGR of 5.1%.
The U.S. market for patient monitoring devices and related consumable supplies such as disposable sensors was worth an estimated $4.3 billion in 2005. The market is projected to grow to $4.6 billion in 2006 and $6.3 billion by 2011, an AAGR of 6.7%.
The home-care market has the highest projected growth rate of any market segment (i.e., an average of 13.8% between 2006-2011). Other segments with relatively high growth rates include progressive care/cardio-pulmonary rehabilitation (4.8%) and long term/non-acute care (4.0%).
Across the market, there has been a noticeable trend away from bedside and tabletop monitors, towards hand-held and wearable monitors. With a projected growth rate of 12.8%, the market for hand-held and wearable monitors is expected to grow from $1 billion in 2005 (46% of the market, excluding consumables) to over $2 billion (59%) in 2011.
The U.S. market will rise to $4.3 billion by 2008, at an average annual growth rate (AAGR) of 8.1%.
The home care market has the highest growth rate of any market segment.
Averaging 11.7%/year, the handheld monitor market will reach $1.6 billion in 2008.
The phone or wireless telemetry monitor market will reach $405 million in 2008.
When do I get the report?
Most reports are fulfilled immediately. In some cases, it could take up to 24 hours.
In what format does this report get delivered to me?
We will send you an email with login credentials to access the report. You will also be able to download the pdf.
What are the free reports included in my purchase?
They consist of a collection of current reports from various partner publishers scanning multiple industries.
What is the difference between BCC Research and BCC Publishing?
BCC Research curates thousands of reports from different sources and provides access to this content to our clients. BCC Publishing is the publication arm of BCC Research (one of several publishers in our portal).
What reports do I get 'discounts' on with my purchase?
All reports. BCC Publishing reports will be available for a 50% discount. All other partner publishers are also available at deeply discounted rates.
Where are you located?
Wellesley Massachusetts, just outside of Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
How long has BCC Research been around?
We are approaching our 50 year anniversary in 2021!
What if I want you to invoice me for payment via Purchase Order?
Simply choose Pay by Purchase Order when you are checking out. We will connect with you via email to set up your order.
What if I have a question about your reports?
Call us, email us, or chat with us! We encourage your questions and feedback. We have a research concierge team available at all times, and included in every purchase, to help our customers find the research they need-when they need it.
Can I share this report with my team?
Absolutely yes, with the purchase of additional user licenses.
Can I use your research in my presentation?
Absolutely yes, so long as the publisher is properly cited.