Global Markets for Telemedicine Technologies
The global telehome and telemedicine market reached $13.8 billion 2012. This market is expected to grow to $16.1 billion 2013 and $35.1 billion in 2018 with a compound annual growth (CAGR) of 16.9%.
- An in-depth analysis of the global telemedicine market.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compounds annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018.
- Coverage of telemedicine hardware providers, software providers, telecom and networking companies, healthcare companies, health insurance providers, and many more.
- Explorations into the ways in which collaborative healthcare can be better and more economically implemented through telemedicine.
- Examination of the new technological developments as well as the latest business trends developing in the telemedicine market.
- Comprehensive company profiles of key players in the market.
This report focuses on global markets for telemedicine technologies and services. The discussion is organized into 13 chapters and three appendices, as shown below:
- Telemedicine Overview.
- Telemedicine Technologies and Global Markets (including analysis of key patents).
- Telemedicine Applications.
- Economics of Telemedicine.
- Stakeholders: Opportunities Analysis.
- Consolidation and Ownership Trends.
- North American Markets.
- EU Markets.
- Japanese Market.
- Other Geographical Markets.
- Appendix A: Company Profiles.
- Appendix B: List of Telemedicine Programs Studied.
- Appendix C: Acronyms.
Andrew McWilliams spent more than 25 years as a consultant with Ernst & Young, McKinsey & Company and A.T. Kearny focused on manufacturing before segueing into research analysis. He has been covering myriad technology categories for BCC Research for more than 15 years. McWilliams has a BA from Princeton University and an MA from Harvard University. He has worked in more than 40 countries and he resides in the greater Boston area.
- Composite Fabrication Technologies: Global Markets to 2023 (MFG054A)
- Global Markets and Technologies for Food Safety Testing (FOD011K)
- Advanced Ceramics and Nanoceramic Powders (NAN015J)
- The Global Market for Membrane Microfiltration (MST028G)
- Global Markets for Inorganic Microporous and Nanoporous Adsorbents (CHM022E)
The global telemedicine market is expected to grow from $9.8 billion in 2010 to $11.6 billion in 2011, and to $27.3 billion in 2016, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 18.6% over the next five years.
The global telemedicine market is expected to grow from $9.8 billion in 2010 to $23 billion in 2015, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 18.6% over the next 5 years.
The global market for telemedicine increased from $4.8 billion in 2006 to an estimated $5.8 billion in 2007. It should reach $13.9 billion by 2012, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 19%.
The telehome market currently accounts for 22% of the market and is expected to capture almost 37% of the telemedicine market by 2012.
The telemedicine service market is expected to grow from $3.6 billion in 2007 to $8.3 billion in 2012, mainly driven by the telehospital service market.
The current level of telemedicine expenditures is about $4.33 billion.
These expenditures will experience an AAGR of 9.7% from 2002 to 2007.
Procurement will continue to be the lead spending category through 2007.
In 2007, it will account for a total of $2.16 billion, or about 31% of all spending.
Fastest growth in technology spending will be software, at an AAGR of 12.9%.