2011 Information Technology Research Review
- The total installed combined base for self-service technologies including ATMs, self-service kiosks and vending machines for 2010 is estimated at 28.2 million units and is expected to reach 33.8 million units by 2015, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.7% from 2010 through 2015.
- BCC Research forecasts a very promising future for the global market for non-cellular waveform chipsets in mobile phones. This market was worth nearly $4.3 billion in 2010 and is expected to increase at a 17.8% CAGR to reach $9.7 billion in 2015.
- The global market for electronic gaming reached $66 billion in 2010. It is expected to reach at $69.9 billion by the end of 2011 and it will further grow to $111.7 billion by 2016 at an estimated CAGR of 9.8% from 2011 to 2016.
This year in BCC’s information technology research category, several reports were published covering topics ranging from non-cellular waveforms in mobile phones to digital devices found in the living room. As can be expected with many of the markets linked to electronics, BCC expects many of the markets analyzed in its information technology research category to grow at high compound annual growth rates over the five-year forecast period; we forecast some segments are in excess of 20% and 30%.
The importance of the link between the Internet and this strong growth cannot be overstated. As discussed in further detail, the marriage of the Internet and television, as well as the increasing popularity of online gaming, are two prominent examples.
The 2011 Information Technology Research Review provides a sample of the quality of market information, analysis and guidance that has been aiding business decision making since BCC was founded in 1971. It includes highlights of reports published in 2011 covering the following markets:
- Self Service Markets: ATMs, Kiosks, Vending Machines
- Rapidly Growing Radio Frequency (RF) Technologies
- Non-Cellular Waveforms in Mobile Phones: Technologies and Global Markets
- Digital Devices for the Living Room: Technologies and Global Markets
- Electronic Games and Gaming: Global Markets
We hope you find this Research Review valuable, and we look forward to serving our customers’ information technology market research needs in the future.
Voice recognition technologies are becoming integral parts of products and services that span a much broader array of industries. This global market will grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.8% between 2010 and 2015. The total market is valued at an estimated $38.4 billion in 2010 and is expected to reach $58.4 in 2015.
The total global market for retail technologies at the storefront, including point-of-sale terminals, electronic fund transfer point-of-sale terminals, self-checkout terminals, and mobile self-scanners, is estimated at nearly $7 billion in 2010 and is expected to reach $9.5 billion in 2015, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.3%.
The market for AFIS and fingerprint biometric technologies account for the greatest share of the global biometrics market and is forecast to continue to be the main source of overall market revenues from 2010 to 2015 and beyond. This sector is valued at $2.7 billion in 2010 and is expected to increase at a 19.6% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) to reach nearly $6.6 billion in 2015.